GAME Amazon's MMORPG 'New World' launches today.

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Got 60 last week, I'm heavy armor with lifestaff sword/board paladin build. It's legit for PVP (Outpost Rush, War) because I'm an unkillable frontline healer. I'm often top 5. I would never level that way though - too slow and low dps.
Someone was saying it was an exploit because some guy with that build was defending a point and getting hammered for 10 minutes by 5 other players and no damage was dealt.

Radicus

Jul 5, 2005
Free State
What’s the hatchet bug

It was a bug that was supposed to increase damage by 10% if you were fighting 3 or more enemies. The bug was that it capped at 300% and never wore off unless you swapped weapons. So a few days ago I just left my hatchet equipped and farmed elite mobs all day. Was critting for well over 2k damage.

Reactions: STUCKHEAD

STUCKHEAD

Aug 26, 2003
Washington
power level me?

is that even a thing?

i just want to play asherons call tbqhwy. learning a knew game is such a pain.
Do your town board quests, if every town, every day. Just find quests that are good exp and you can buy the items from the trading post for pretty cheap. If the mats are expensive then get rid of it and get new quests. Don't do the retrieval quests or the kill 10 turkeys/bears/wolves ones, just do the fast and easy exp ones.

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
Do your town board quests, if every town, every day. Just find quests that are good exp and you can buy the items from the trading post for pretty cheap. If the mats are expensive then get rid of it and get new quests. Don't do the retrieval quests or the kill 10 turkeys/bears/wolves ones, just do the fast and easy exp ones.

learning is too hard for me

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
best part of any new game tbqhwy

exploit early, exploit often IIRC
Back in the day I played one of the first mmorpg called “The Realm”

It was pretty goofy but lots of fun, me and my brothers had the shittiest internet connection and it would drop all the time, we accidentally learned that if our connection dropped right as we handed an item over to another person or stuck it in our chest at home, we would have 2 copies of it when logging back on

We told a few friends and it instantly got carried away, people ended up duping billions of gold and thousands of the rarest items, fucked up the whole game economy

Somehow they figured out that me and my original friend I told were the originators of the dupes, we were playing one day and random got teleported into this moderators cave where they grilled us on how we did it, and what not, we were so scared :noes:

They had to wipe all the money out of the game and start over :rofl:

They also put us on a 2 week jail sentence, which was pretty hilarious, they built a jail cell in the middle of one of the main town squares and put me and a few of my buddies in there, we were still allowed to log on and chat but people would come by and yell at us in our cell for fuckin the game up :rofl: it was awesome

I miss being 13 :hs:

images

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base

It was pretty goofy but lots of fun, me and my brothers had the shittiest internet connection and it would drop all the time, we accidentally learned that if our connection dropped right as we handed an item over to another person or stuck it in our chest at home, we would have 2 copies of it when logging back on

We told a few friends and it instantly got carried away, people ended up duping billions of gold and thousands of the rarest items, fucked up the whole game economy

Somehow they figured out that me and my original friend I told were the originators of the dupes, we were playing one day and random got teleported into this moderators cave where they grilled us on how we did it, and what not, we were so scared :noes:

They also put us on a 2 week jail sentence, which was pretty hilarious, they built a jail cell in the middle of one of the main town squares and put me and a few of my buddies in there, we were still allowed to log on and chat but people would come by and yell at us in our cell for fuckin the game up :rofl: it was awesome

images

:bowrofl: @ doin time in an MMORPG ahhhahahaha

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN

images
I think I played that for a few weeks. :rofl:

Then ended up on Asheron's Call and EQ 1/2.

perfekt

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2003
Gilbert, AZ

images

holy shit! That was you? I played The Realm and I remember having the economy crash because of the dupers. I couldn't buy shit for weeks. :rofl2:

• Haha
Reactions: Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
i started in middle school and played through highschool on darktide

messed with emulators a bit here and there but its just not the same with nobody playing imo
Darktide does sound familiar, that was a PvP server. I wasn't into that back then. UO ruined me for that shit. :rofl:

/atoyot

KnobbyEnchantedAndalusianhorse-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: 93rx7

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448