LOVE Anonymous Thread: Facebook v.Ihateit

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
As a user of facebook before people knew what facebook was, I am just so fucking sick of it. Been sick of it for the past 3 years. I guess the #1 thing that annoys me more than anything are peoples constant updates. I dont give a shit if you just wiped your asshole with diamond-studded bamboo toilet paper or if your german sheperd dog just puked 2 week old tacobell (with real meat of course, dont make tacobell sue your ass) all over your couch or if you now have a massive out of control herpes out break because you raw dogged the 300 pound townie bar cum dumpster or if you are drunk, sleepy, happy, horny, bored, excited, or depressed.

The most annoying part is there is not a damn thing I can do about it and now I shall be forever alone since I cancelled :rofl:

Anyone else feel the same way? I have a feeling im in a really really small boat and if I ever want to do business on my own, which I do, I will have to make a facebook account and this makes me rage too.

My Highest Regards,

Abomb

peoplescar

the shame is when people take personal issues out on there with the intent of everyone seeing it.

Dahlia

Feb 12, 2008
Lexington, KY
the shame is when people take personal issues out on there with the intent of everyone seeing it.
This, my brothers ex is still on mine and she whines about the recent breakup CONSTANTLY. I really just want to tell her to shut her pie hole, but that's not nice. :mamoru:

I use mine to post things I Find interesting for the most part, which people don't care to look at, they are too involved in sandy's post about going to the bar.

peoplescar

lol my friend was arguing with his ex gf on there as a reaction to one of her "fucking guys are all assholes" wall update...

it was like 30 messages back and forth. i hopped on the bandwagon because it was so hilarious. :rofl:

TS
TS
Abomb

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
This, my brothers ex is still on mine and she whines about the recent breakup CONSTANTLY. I really just want to tell her to shut her pie hole, but that's not nice. :mamoru:

I use mine to post things I Find interesting for the most part, which people don't care to look at, they are too involved in sandy's post about going to the bar.

my whole philosophy is if I gave a fuck about what someone was doing, or thinking, or needed their opinion, I would call or text them. :mamoru:

Aquakittie

Feb 5, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
seems simple enough, don't join. :dunno:

I mean yeah, I get that about "who gives a shit if you went to the market, pharmacy, drug dealers house, tennis court, took a gnarly shit etc...." but if there's people you routinely don't wanna see their bs status updates, you just hide their posts. You can still venture on their profile and communicate with them and maintain "friends" but you just don't see their endless bullshit. I've done that with a few people. I don't want to drop all contact, but some stuff I just don't give a shit about.

Since I've pruned and customized my settings I'm pretty spam free these days. I see what I want, I reply to what I want, I comment about what I want, and I ignore/hide/block what I want.

TS
TS
Abomb

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
seems simple enough, don't join. :dunno:

I mean yeah, I get that about "who gives a shit if you went to the market, pharmacy, drug dealers house, tennis court, took a gnarly shit etc...." but if there's people you routinely don't wanna see their bs status updates, you just hide their posts. You can still venture on their profile and communicate with them and maintain "friends" but you just don't see their endless bullshit. I've done that with a few people. I don't want to drop all contact, but some stuff I just don't give a shit about.

Since I've pruned and customized my settings I'm pretty spam free these days. I see what I want, I reply to what I want, I comment about what I want, and I ignore/hide/block what I want.

well, i cancelled

The people I still want to stay in contact with I have their email and phone #'s :dunno:

Nomad

Sep 30, 2005
facebook was good prior to being open imo

forcing you to have a .edu email made sense, i dont see why i have to be friends with my parents, grandparents, etc. on facebook just so they can "keep up with my life"

if there was something worth mentioning to them i'd call/email them.

as for spam posts, yeah thats equally annoying.

i'm probably gonna delete my facebook after i graduate in may

TS
TS
Abomb

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
facebook was good prior to being open imo

forcing you to have a .edu email made sense, i dont see why i have to be friends with my parents, grandparents, etc. on facebook just so they can "keep up with my life"

if there was something worth mentioning to them i'd call/email them.

as for spam posts, yeah thats equally annoying.

i'm probably gonna delete my facebook after i graduate in may

i can agree with you 100% on this post. facebook was pretty awesome prior to being open and i had no issues with it back then.

Dahlia

Feb 12, 2008
Lexington, KY
i can agree with you 100% on this post. facebook was pretty awesome prior to being open and i had no issues with it back then.
My privacy settings are amped up to where you can't name search me. I also don't allow family memebers outside of my brothers on there, recipe for disaster.

Jimeigh

Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven
Nov 29, 2005
lol how cute little jimeigh is starting to produce some testosterone

feels good dont it brosef? :bigthumb:
yea dood, my balls dropped just last night. feels good man

TS
TS
Abomb

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
yea dood, my balls dropped just last night. feels good man

good deal bro. that rush of confidence and all around good feeling and desire to participate in coitus with every chick around you is the sure sign that they are functioning at full strength :cool:

AndrewLD

Sep 5, 2003
I hate facebook. People get so worked up over nonsense that doesn't even affect their life.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan