GUN Another magazine thread

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
I don't remember if I've asked this before or not...

In places where there is a magazine capacity ban like CA, what do people playing pistol games that use a higher number of mags do? Do the new shooters go out and buy like 6-8 expensive pre ban mags? Does everyone just load to 10 rounds? Do the new shooters just acquire post ban mags through means that others have the courtesy to not ask about?

Last edited:

GarandBobcat

Jan 21, 2007
Merced Co., CA
well, I think Idpa rules say max of 10+1 anyway, but I guess the IPSC/USPSA types probably are having to get by on their preban stuff.

CA has a shitty mag law, but at least you're allowed to buy replacement parts for the legal "high" cap mags you have...

AB13

Jul 8, 2006
Auburn, WA
The CA magazine capacity law is a stupid law that's unenforceable. I can't see how they can prove that you are or are not the original owner of a "pre ban" magazine. Magazines are not serialized, therefore how do they track if it is a pre ban, or a pre ban that's had some parts "fixed" or "upgraded" parts.

For the most part you aren't going to get caught at a match. The cops there are busy shooting themselves. They aren't going around asking people about their magazines. Same at the ranges, ever see a cop go around asking about peoples magazines, and again, what are they gonna say if I say it's post ban?

TS
TS

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
The CA magazine capacity law is a stupid law that's unenforceable. I can't see how they can prove that you are or are not the original owner of a "pre ban" magazine. Magazines are not serialized, therefore how do they track if it is a pre ban, or a pre ban that's had some parts "fixed" or "upgraded" parts.

For the most part you aren't going to get caught at a match. The cops there are busy shooting themselves. They aren't going around asking people about their magazines. Same at the ranges, ever see a cop go around asking about peoples magazines, and again, what are they gonna say if I say it's post ban?
Sort of what I had figured...

The Cable Guy

Jul 10, 2006
Rowland Heights, CA

Sort of a problem when you're younger like me. "When did you get that magazine?"

"Before the ban?"

"when you were. 5?"

more off

May 29, 2004
Sort of a problem when you're younger like me. "When did you get that magazine?"

"Before the ban?"

"when you were. 5?"

i'm 23 with tons of high cap mags :wiggle:
sucks to be in CA but i highly doubt anyone is gonna ask any questions or harass you about it ever.
just say you did get them pre-ban, that your dad is a gun collector. :dunno:

more off

May 29, 2004
Well, I don't have a pistol yet, stuck with my AR, but Pmags are kind of hard to pass as pre-ban since they've only been out for so long. I guess you can say you rebuilt/replaced them from older mags?

i think that's what he's trying to say here :naughty:
get some high cap metal mags :dunno:
or move to a better state and loose the bullet button?

CA has a shitty mag law, but at least you're allowed to buy replacement parts for the legal "high" cap mags you have...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor