Nice composition but the processing is all over the place

Like you selected a different lightroom preset for every photo

I'm not saying that's bad, but personally I like some consistency

ok_computer

OT Supporter
Jan 24, 2005
Edmonton, AB, Canada
2 is the keeper out of all of those

try not to use shallow DOF as a crutch. seems like you figured shallow DOF made it an ok photo, but most of them are pretty boring.

havelegs

May 16, 2009
Austin TX
Nice, you captured NYC a little bit better here. Some are still not part of the set though! I like number one and two, but I wish number one was focused on the sign. Otherwise, good job.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
2 and 4 are nice...especially #2.

Aside from the odd crops, they're all pretty nice.

I want to like #1 because of the perspective and color, but the focus falls on a weird spot, though I don't thnk it would have worked as well if the focus were on the "wall street station" sign (as traditional thinking would dictate), so I'm gonna go ahead and just like it as it is :o definitely a stock photo type shot.

:coold:

TS
TS
Nullius

Nullius

Jun 20, 2005
Maranda
2 is the keeper out of all of those

try not to use shallow DOF as a crutch. seems like you figured shallow DOF made it an ok photo, but most of them are pretty boring.

Ahh ok, I'll try and switch it up a bit. I've been slowly stopping my shots down to get a wider DoF but I haven't gotten any good shots out of the process yet. It'll take time just like everything else I suppose. I really like the sharpness of the lens I'm using and I want to see more sharp/deep DoF pictures from it.

And thanks for the feedback all, as always much appreciated, and it helps greatly.

FlashhslaF

Sep 17, 2003
your composition is rock solid in all these.

#2 jumps at me like no other!

replace # 3 & 6 with some other picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan