SPORTS Anthony Johnson to cut 65lbs to make weight

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Hardy worried Johnson won't make weight

"I saw him a few months ago, he was about 235lbs," Hardy told Middle Easy. "Even if it was nine months ago, to lose 65lbs is a push.

"It's going to be tough on his body. He struggles to make weight anyway when he's fighting regularly, so coming down from that weight - I don't know.

"I'm a little concerned because I don't want a percentage of his purse, I want the win bonus."
Jesus christ :eek3:

dixie2.0

dixienormous
Dec 25, 2009
Did anyone see him on Inside MMA about 4 months ago? He looked every bit of 240lbs.

Helios

Apr 14, 2006
Nyc <> Amsterdam <> SE MI
whattheshit.jpg

guys like this just need to fight at a higher weight class.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
his last fight he came out a couple weeks beforehand and said he didnt think he could make weight.

guy is a clown.

maks

Bah! t(-_-t)
Dec 29, 2004
Socal
Yeah this guy really lets himself go :rofl:

He missed weight against Yoshida. Anyone else?

Cro Cop

OT Supporter
Dec 24, 2009
On my Heath Ledger shit
He's out of his mind. He kills himself to make weight every time at WW - nearly passed out weighing in for his fight against Kos.

Do yourself a favor: go to MW. Or, man the fuck up and fight where you really belong, LHW. But cutting a zillion lbs to WW does him a great disservice in terms of his short-term ability and longevity in MMA.

Trueno

Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs
Sep 15, 2003
Drift Land, California
oh man thats going to be tough.

i help a friend cut from 203lbs to 170, he hasn't made 170 since he was in HS but he did it but he was hurting! this was 3-4 weeks in cutting.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
it's almost like he is chopped into photos to look bigger than he really is. but he is actually that fucking huge.

if he misses weight and Hardy wrecks his shop, i think dana will send him packing.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19