FIT Any bros ever been to Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
I need a gym with barbells. I have a checked out a few gyms and my apartment complex has one, but they've got wood floors and just a few machines :ugh2: Not surprising for a country of anorexic faggots that starve themselves and do nothing but cardio I guess.

I need a place to buy supplements. Protein powder is a must, but creatine and vitamin d would be nice too. I'm guessing I don't really need fish oil since I'm in the land of the rising seafood.

Also what the fuck is this?

IMG_20110622_090213.jpg

I thought it was milk, but by the taste and the lack of fat in it, it's clearly not. What does the 46% mean? Is it a mix of soy milk and cow milk or something?

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
ask the japs.
Japanese people have Aspergers and are anorexic. Even if I did manage to convey that I am looking for a gym with free weights, I doubt many of them would know what a barbell is, let alone know where a gym that has them is.

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
Looks like I may have found a gym. There's a nice one at the University of Tsukuba where people practice Oly weightlifting, and there happened to be an English-speaking Prof. there. He said that technically non-students can't use it, but he'll talk to the administrator and see if he can make an exception for me :bowdown:

Now I need to try to find a nutrition store and a foam roller.

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
So whey here is ungodly expensive... anyone ever tried shipping smartpowders abroad?

Just read that they only ship to the U.S., any places that sell cheap supps online ship abroad?

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
oh yea, just head over to あなたは間抜け黒人です。
This is exactly what living here is like, fuck this shit. Cry me a river about local languages and cultures, a developed country should cater to English-speakers, especially one that is so concerned with being a prominent member of the world community, and failing so hard. I fucking wonder why.

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
head to the red light district for some pusay
I prefer my vagina vertical

I am fully aware that this post makes it seem like I have a vagina that also happens to be able to switch orientation, deal with it.

Last edited:

woot

wo
Aug 22, 2003
bat country
So why are you in Japan? Business? School? Pleasure?

oh yea, just head over to あなたは間抜け黒人です。

:rofl: This is my biggest fear when traveling to a country where I know little about the culture or language. Accidentally eating gross ass shit like testicle juice or placenta jerky without realizing it.

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
So why are you in Japan? Business? School? Pleasure?

:rofl: This is my biggest fear when traveling to a country where I know little about the culture or language. Accidentally eating gross ass shit like testicle juice or placenta jerky without realizing it.
Business/school. I'm doing a short research fellowship for two months. Does it really sound like I'm here for pleasure? :rofl: Found a gym with barbells and a cage, going there right now, supposedly there's an English speaking staff member that's there from 9-5.

And food is really not that much of a problem, besides the cost. It's pretty easy to deduce what most stuff is. You can point at pictures at most restaurants, and I know the basics of Japanese cuisine so if I stick to the staples I'm not really at risk of eating dolphin anus.

TS
TS
phelix

phelix

forums superstar
Aug 21, 2004
miami
Jesus fucking Christ, fuck this place. So I went there just now to talk to the receptionist that speaks English. Saying that she speaks English is definitely being generous. I have to come back with my passport and two passport-sized photos. Fair enough. I also have to do a one hour orientation after I register and pay. OK fine.

Well, orientations are only at certain times of day each day. I keep asking her when I can do the orientation and she keeps repeating to me that I need to register first. I keep fucking telling her that I'm coming to register tomorrow, but I still want to know when I can do the orientation, but she can't get it through her thick fucking skull that I WANT TO KNOW WHEN I CAN ACTUALLY START USING THE GYM AND THAT'S WHY I WANT TO KNOW WHEN ORIENTATION IS. Well she says tomorrow is full, the orientation on Thursday she isn't going to be here for (oh, she's only there 9-5 M-F and she's the only English speaking staff member so I have to take off work to do the stupid orientation), and Friday is maybe full (Japanese people will say maybe a lot and it's impossible to get them to tell you why maybe, what the actual exact situation is). I notice that there's an orientation today during the day, so I ask her if I can come back today and register and do the orientation. Nope, you have to make an appointment for the orientation one day ahead of time :ugh::ugh::ugh:. It's already fucking on the schedule, is it really that hard for you to prepare to tell me how to use all this shit I already know about? Or are you just a typical Japanese drone and your brain can't comprehend operating slightly outside of standard procedure?

Also, the membership is fucking $85/mo and this isn't some baller gym with a pool or anything. They have a bunch of machines, a total of 3 barbells, a few benches and one cage. And from what I gather this is about standard price for a gym membership in Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan