TECH Any coders w/ RSS experience?

Phasm

OT Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Michigan
I have a project that's still in the design process but I'm going to need a coder for it pretty soon.

Does anybody have any RSS coding experience? It's basically going to need to pull feeds from various sites and compile them onto my site. If you think you might be able to do this (should be fairly simple I think) post/PM/IM me and we can talk if you're interested in the job. :)

noon

get high and teach me how to listen
May 4, 2002
Lawrence, KS
I actually just wrote a pretty cool script for a really simple CMS

PHP5/JQuery

To create a feed, you first type the name and refresh rate.
1.PNG

Set the feed status; this determines the status of the posts/content that is imported. (ex: If you select queued, posts are imported but not published until the admin manually publishes them)
2.PNG

Type the feed URL, then click check feed and map fields
3.PNG

Jquery will first check that the URL is a valid RSS 1.0/2.0 or Atom 1.0 feed, and then retrieve the mappable fields
4.PNG

If the feed is valid, a new fieldset is faded in. The xx in "xx maps to" are RSS elements pulled from the feed that was just validated.
5.PNG

Now the administrator can map the fields in the feed to the post/content fields in the database
6.PNG

Choose the post/content categories, and create the feed. Done!
7.PNG

noon

get high and teach me how to listen
May 4, 2002
Lawrence, KS
Forgot to mention that all other required fields are validated--
8.PNG

I can't accept PMs, my AIM name is 'n00n'

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19