CAR any garage heater recommendations?

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I've got a 3-car garage, ~11 foot ceiling, insulated and attached to the house. It gets to the 20s in the winter here, not usually lower than that. I'm looking at getting a 240v outlet put in by an electrician and an electric garage heater. Anyone here have one? any recommenndations? does it run a lot if you want to keep it at 45 degrees and occasionally bump it up warmer? kids might be playing out there with their friends, since I don't want the neighbor kids in the house, because COVID. We've been doing Cub Scout meetings there too, hence the camping chairs.

20201117_172253.jpg

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
what about in the summer? i'd highly suggest a heat pump mini split if you have any interest in AC in there. they have dry settings too to just knock the humidity out.

no NG i assume?

Topgun

OT Supporter
May 23, 2003
MN
I just open the door into the garage from the house

I seriously considered just adding a zone off my furnace to the garage, I'd have to rip it out if I ever sold the house though. Inspector would not like that at all. :o

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
what about in the summer? i'd highly suggest a heat pump mini split if you have any interest in AC in there. they have dry settings too to just knock the humidity out.

no NG i assume?
The dry setting is bullshit..at least on the fujitsu. I put these in my garage and basement thinking I could use it as a dehumidifier, but dry mode only works when it's actively cooling.. As in lowering the temperature...

keroberos

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2002
I seriously considered just adding a zone off my furnace to the garage, I'd have to rip it out if I ever sold the house though. Inspector would not like that at all. :o

I thought about that too since our furnace shares a wall with the garage

Funny you say that when we were looking at houses someone did that at a house and didnt take it out :o

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
The dry setting is bullshit..at least on the fujitsu. I put these in my garage and basement thinking I could use it as a dehumidifier, but dry mode only works when it's actively cooling.. As in lowering the temperature...

mitsubishi IIRC is the goat

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman