GUN Any Jumpmasters?

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Holly hell this school is hurting my head. Of course didn't listen to everyone telling me to make sure I had prejump down before school and left cramming it in this week for my test tomorrow.

My goal is to at least make it to JMPI but would be VERY happy to be a first time go.

FATBOY

OT Supporter
Dec 29, 2004
How did the test go?

It is a lot to cram in such a short time.

Hope you know your nomenclature. Good luck!

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
not a JM, but good luck! You at bragg or the one at benning?

Thanks. I'm at Bragg.

How did the test go?

It is a lot to cram in such a short time.

Hope you know your nomenclature. Good luck!

Nomenclature is pretty easy. Already passed the 90 Day card test which is nomenclature and rigging and we took another nomenclature test yesterday. Passed both.

I passed my Pre-Jump but only with a 78 so lost my reentry. You get two extra tries at passing JMPI if you get 80 and above on all test before JMPI.

Ohh well got a go so now onto the written test monday and then JMPI. Won't have PWAC till after we are done with class. Just hope it isn't too long after we are done. Have heard of horror stories of guys getting done with everything and then deploying. Had to wait till they got home to do their PWAC.

willijdub

Nov 24, 2007
Florida
So, kind of an off shoot question... but when the fuck are we gonna have a Bragg meet? Also, who else at bragg rides motorcycles?

FATBOY

OT Supporter
Dec 29, 2004
Thanks. I'm at Bragg.

Nomenclature is pretty easy. Already passed the 90 Day card test which is nomenclature and rigging and we took another nomenclature test yesterday. Passed both.

I passed my Pre-Jump but only with a 78 so lost my reentry. You get two extra tries at passing JMPI if you get 80 and above on all test before JMPI.

Ohh well got a go so now onto the written test monday and then JMPI. Won't have PWAC till after we are done with class. Just hope it isn't too long after we are done. Have heard of horror stories of guys getting done with everything and then deploying. Had to wait till they got home to do their PWAC.
At least you passed.

Have fun doing 40-20-40's. TIME! Turn and face the center of the circle. JUMPMASTER!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
So, kind of an off shoot question... but when the fuck are we gonna have a Bragg meet? Also, who else at bragg rides motorcycles?

I ride a Harley but live just south of Raleigh. Make the long commute daily. Good thing is on the weekends I don't see Joe all around town. Get a chance to get away. So do most of my riding around that area.

At least you passed.

Have fun doing 40-20-40's. TIME! Turn and face the center of the circle. JUMPMASTER!

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Yeah we did the walk phase yesterday. That was painful. Slow JMPI. Today we are doing rotations but much better as you arent stuck in one position too long. Getting my sequence down today. Slowly getting smoother and smoother.

FATBOY

OT Supporter
Dec 29, 2004
Don't shuffle your feet around the jumper too much either. Keep your feet planted as much as possible and move your upper body. The shuffling around the jumper wastes precious seconds, precious seconds that you may need later.

MuttGrunt

Jun 27, 2010
SE Michigan
Failed JMPI. Had three 90 day cards and was a Corporal for 6 months before I finally was allowed to go. Sucked to fail JMPI, but then again, nearly everyone failed it.

Study study study. I felt well prepared and in my final JMPI got everything to include a missing helmet pad... but missed a major :(

I found it weird that so many guys didn't want to go. With doing nearly every jump nighttime tactical and jumping so often, my feelings were "might as well try to get senior wings before I get out." For guys in the 82/173, it certainly should help and seems to get a lot of respect from superiors (helps for guys like me that were a little more than a little sarcastic).
Failed JMPI, less than a week later I was on block leave, came back from leave to be deployed for 12 months (though got extended).

G/L to any future Jump Masters in here: it's at least worth getting away from your unit for a few weeks.

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Any update?

How's that sequence?

Finally got back in the next class and passed. Was a pain in the ass but glad I did it and am now done! Now my unit will just keep pushing for me to go to ranger school instead of jumpmaster :eek4:

Zee

Aug 25, 2002
Becker, MN
I'm Not a Jumpmaster...but I'm A Rigger:wavey:....and here's a protip

Don't Piss your Riggers off :squint:

good Luck :)

Last edited:
TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
FML......

Back in school this week doing the T-11 Jumpmaster school. Back to doing the circle but gladly we get 8 minutes to JMPI 2 jumpers so not too bad.

Special Tac

Jun 28, 2011
FL
I am Airborne but going in as an officer, is there a need for officers to be jump masters ? and I also heard the army is switching to T11 only is this true?

Last edited:

endemicW

fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2006
NYC
I am Airborne but going in as an officer, is there a need for officers to be jump masters ? and I also heard the army is switching to T11 only is this true?

we were, but a soldier died using one so we are back to the T10.

If you are really lucky you will jump MC6s, those are tits.

TS
TS
Emanon

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ

All our officers are pretty much pushed to become a jumpmaster. Now they don't pull many duties but they are pushed to be qualified. The T-11 is on hold right now. We lost a paratrooper on our last JOAX.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor