SRS Any of OT's real docs happen to be online?

My dad is scheduled for open heart surgery on Weds to repair a heart valve. He is having a bad afib situation right now - very low BP - and has called the doc and spoken to a nurse. The doc is going to call back soon. His energy levels and endurance have been steadily falling for months.

What are the potential consequences here?

Get him to a friggin ER.

Does he have meds to help him through an afib situation? I would suggest those if you haven't already. Other than that, get him to the ER and wait for the doc to call there.
I'm relying on my parents to make that call. He has had multiple ambulance rides already so they know when it's time.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Worst thing that will happen is they will tell you to go home. Best to err on the side of caution.

Deleted member 9731

Can't add much except my mother went through it about 6 weeks ago, although she didn't have any issues beforehand. But was home in 3 days and in a week she was basically 90% back to normal. It's a brutal surgery depending if they need to do full open like my mother's. But the docs are fucking good at this now.

Hoping for the best. Sorry I'm not a doctor

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Get him to a friggin ER.

Does he have meds to help him through an afib situation? I would suggest those if you haven't already. Other than that, get him to the ER and wait for the doc to call there.
This. Afib and hypotension, he need to see someone even if it delays his surgery

Reactions: Deleted member 9731

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan