Any of you guys in “Buy Nothing” groups on Facebook?

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
I am in one for my town and it’s actually pretty great, especially for kids toys and kid stuff in general.

My one pet peeve is the “requests” some people make. Extremely tacky when someone is like “anyone got an old IPad you aren’t using?”

Reactions: Muddy Waters

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
People still do Facebook? :rofl:

actually deleted my profile 2 months ago
Holy shit, I DONT MISS IT.

thought I’d feel bad because that’s how I keep in touch with family members, but fuck that...feels good man

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird

thought I’d feel bad because that’s how I keep in touch with family members, but fuck that...feels good man
only people more annoying than facebook users are the people who brag about having deleting it

TS
TS
JacksonWhite

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011

Facebook is good. Just set it so you don’t see the posts of idiots who can’t stop talking about politics.

I get a mixture of funny posts, vacations, food, people’s kids, buzzfeed style articles, stuff for sale (or free) and info/news related to some groups I am in (hobbies, sports teams, town news, etc).

Mammoth

I should be working.
OT Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Michigan
Facebook is good. Just set it so you don’t see the posts of idiots who can’t stop talking about politics.

I get a mixture of funny posts, vacations, food, people’s kids, buzzfeed style articles, stuff for sale (or free) and info/news related to some groups I am in (hobbies, sports teams, town news, etc).
Yeah, it's basically a place where I keep up with my friends/family and where we occassionally post pictures of where/what we're doing. It's a glorified photo album to stay in touch. Kid is a volleyball tournament? Post a picture. Family vacation? Post a picture. At a concert? Post a picture. Find a funny picture of a friend from years past? Post it on Facebook.

It's not informative. It's not political (I unfollow anyone who is overly religious or political). Our pages are private, so the world can't see our boring ass posts. But most of all, it's harmless. Nothing too serious and just a way to see what people are doing now that we've all gotten busy and not as close as we'd like to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman