ART Any of you wedding photogs ever....

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
deliver an entire wedding in black and white?

I want to do this. This wedding I just shot just REALLY lends itself to black and white... Super classic, conservative and traditional...

I'm not sure how to propose it to the B&G though...

Example: (no editing yet, just converted to b&w. pics are still importing...)

shot_o_the_day.jpg

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
Unless they specifically requested it, I wouldn't do it. Hell, I don't even leave B&W pics in the set I deliver. I deliver everything in color.

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
i'm not a wedding photographer, but i would think that is the kind of thing that ought to be discussed prior to the wedding. now if you were to deliver a black and white version of everything and a color version of some, that might be ok.

IntheWorks

windin film.. takin pics
Jun 30, 2001
earth
My buddy doug (hardlyboring) for you FM crew just did this... they turned out great... but I agree, it's something you should probably discuss ahead of time with the B&G

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
I don't have an opinion but that pic in the first post is awesome btw

TS
TS
jared_IRL

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I don't have an opinion but that pic in the first post is awesome btw

thanks! :bigthumb: I love it.

I wouldn't just surprise them with an all b&w wedding outta nowhere! That would be nuts!

I was just wondering if/how you guys would approach it..

Although, I suppose it doesn't matter. What I will end up doing is doing them all b&w for me, then dumping both the normal color set and my b&w stuff on the DVD.

The album is a different story.... I'll have to discuss that with them...

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
a all b&w album would be kick ass imo, but once again, get their approval before just doing it :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maxvell32