GUN Any specials on safes this holiday?

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
:mamoru: that sentry safe says save $50 but its $319 right now, only $20 more than their "special" on black friday

Their is a sale this week apparently, the Cannon I bought is normally $749, my receipt said on sale for $699 with tax it came out to ~$750. It's on sale Friday for $599

Probably the same thing with the Sentry.

993kgt

building an airplane whee
Nov 7, 2001
Destin, FL
lowes usually has one on a 14 gun sentry

lol, putting your guns/valuables in something as shitty as a sentry safe is basically collecting your valuables in one location for someone to steal

a 4ft prybar can run right through one of those

Soybomb

Aug 30, 2003
Illinois
lol, putting your guns/valuables in something as shitty as a sentry safe is basically collecting your valuables in one location for someone to steal

a 4ft prybar can open just about everything that people buy as a gun "safe". I'd rather see someone starting their collection out have a $400 safe that keeps kids and smash and grab crooks out than not having anything at all because they don't have $4k to spend on real metal yet.

Market Garden

a 4ft prybar can open just about everything that people buy as a gun "safe". I'd rather see someone starting their collection out have a $400 safe that keeps kids and smash and grab crooks out than not having anything at all because they don't have $4k to spend on real metal yet.

:werd:

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008

I'd rather have something than nothing, it's fairly easy to break into pretty much any safe under say 4K

Safe in the video that's being cracked looks like a Cannon or a Liberty.

[y]nBhOjWHbD6M[/y]

TS
TS
Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil

beat it!
Oct 8, 2001
I'd rather have something than nothing, it's fairly easy to break into pretty much any safe under say 4K

Safe in the video that's being cracked looks like a Cannon or a Liberty.

[y]nBhOjWHbD6M[/y]

but that video is also assuming they have enough room to be able to maneuver around the safe and that it isnt bolted down to the ground. yeah its easy on the video but when they start having to knock down walls to get enough room to be able to work it makes it a little harder

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
but that video is also assuming they have enough room to be able to maneuver around the safe and that it isnt bolted down to the ground. yeah its easy on the video but when they start having to knock down walls to get enough room to be able to work it makes it a little harder

My point is a $2k safe is not any more less likely to be broken into than a $380 Sentry. It all depends on placement (in a corner or closet) and how it's secured, (anchor bolts in concrete or into a wall stud). Most break ins are crimes of opportunity, regardless of cost or make ANY safe is better than none.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan