GUN Anybody 13F?

jimmybuffett

Oct 11, 2004
Arkansas
I'm deciding between 11b and 13f. Any thoughts or opinions? Any other combat related MOS's you would suggest?

It's in the Guard btw.

I've decided I'm going at the beginning of the new year.

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
11B - Little Guns
13B - Big Guns

11B - Queen of Battle
13B - King of Battle

...I'm starting to see a pattern...

TS
TS
jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett

Oct 11, 2004
Arkansas
what's up?
what are your questions?
well, I dont know where to start. any additional general information on the MOS that i cant get from about.com/military and the guards page? i was going to just go infantry but i figure this will let me use my brain a little bit more. im going in as an e-3 (got 48 hours of school). its in the guard like i said, no active so im sure its a little different. i dont know any info can help. id rather hear things from you than my recruiter.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
yea I was the same way when I joined. Depending on what kind of unit you go to your job can vary alot. If you are light (like me) you are a grunt but you hump around a bunch of extra equipment and do all the things they do but you have an extra skill (call for fire). It also depends where you deploy. Iraq you will just be another set of boots on the ground unless you can get to JFO school. Afghanistan they will use the hell out of you.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
I don't have any experience with the guard or anything and I'm assuming it's way way different then being active but I've been in for almost 7 years now so I can answer pretty much any question you could have.

TS
TS
jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett

Oct 11, 2004
Arkansas
I know I'm going to be in harms way with any combat related MOS but am I more likely to get hurt/killed as 13f or 11b?

This is not for me, this is to calm my fiance down.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
I know I'm going to be in harms way with any combat related MOS but am I more likely to get hurt/killed as 13f or 11b?

This is not for me, this is to calm my fiance down.

I mean you are in a combat MOS so you will be more at risk then other's when you deploy but I don't think you are more likely as a 13f or 11b.

and what is JFO school and how do you get in? also will i be able to do airborne and or ranger school with 13f?

yea just get airborne in your contract. I'm not sure I would recommend going right into ranger school after AIT though. JFO is joint fires observer it's basically an additional skill for FO's and we are like halfway JTAC's for the Army.

TS
TS
jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett

Oct 11, 2004
Arkansas
I've got the 23 page enlistment papers in front of me. I'm not going to lie, this is an overwhelming feeling. Big commitment. This is a normal feeling right?

Maffy29

Jan 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I've got the 23 page enlistment papers in front of me. I'm not going to lie, this is an overwhelming feeling. Big commitment. This is a normal feeling right?

I just wanted come in during the week and sign my papers and go. Instead, I got conned into doing my re-enlistment in front of the company when the Bn commander was coming for a visit. :hs:

Burrito10

Jun 23, 2004
Arizona
Dont crack at MEPS like my dumbass did. they ask you throughout the whole thing, "have you ever smoked mary jane?" I said no the whole time, then the last person, I SWEAR the LAST PERSON asked and I was like ".............. im not going to lie, ma'am. ............ I've smoked once"

What happened next sucked BALLS. had to get my ass chewed by the MEPS station Commander saying shit like, "YOU CAN GO TO PRISON, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SMOKED MARIJUANA?!" but after all that bs I got in anyway.

Emanon

Sep 24, 2003
AZ
Dont crack at MEPS like my dumbass did. they ask you throughout the whole thing, "have you ever smoked mary jane?" I said no the whole time, then the last person, I SWEAR the LAST PERSON asked and I was like ".............. im not going to lie, ma'am. ............ I've smoked once"

What happened next sucked BALLS. had to get my ass chewed by the MEPS station Commander saying shit like, "YOU CAN GO TO PRISON, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SMOKED MARIJUANA?!" but after all that bs I got in anyway.

Why not just tell them you smoked in the first place? :ugh:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan