Anybody Apply For Global Entry recently?

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
i renewed mine back in like March. it got auto approved in like July

when i first did it way back when it only took like 2 months

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
ive been pending review for the past 6 months for a goddamn renewal. it subsequently expired. with the loss of global entry, you also lose precheck.

:wtc:
im pretty sure it said on the website that if itt expired while you were in review it still would work.

Ffej207

University of South Florida... in West Central Flo
Dec 29, 2000
Charleston, SC
Tried to do entry on arrival. Got to ATL two hours before interviews stop. Got to immigration officer 45 minutes before interviews stopped. He said "sorry, they already took the last person." God the government is so good at being so fucking bad at almost everything. Obviously that's the last place I'm going to go full Karen, so just sucked it up (read: ranted to my wife for the next hour). I'm mainly irritated because I paid for it like 6 months ago.. so they're just sitting on my money.

:madfawk: :madfawk: :madfawk:

• Support
Reactions: AndyP and SAKU39

taqman15

May 2, 2002
san francisco
Interviews are booked several months out, but if you're lucky and check a lot apparently you can snag a closer spot if someone cancels.

I'm still waiting on my passport so I can start the process.

this was my case

booked an appointment that was 3 months out

checked daily for cancellations and ended up getting one within a month

got my global entry card about 2 weeks after the 10 minute interview

djnick

wannabe dj
OT Supporter
Aug 17, 2004
fresh coast.
They did away with the Mobile Passport Control line at IAH. I used to use it as well. I still have PreCheck but my GE expired long ago. The MPC line was usually just as fast as GE so I was just using that. Came back from Mexico two months ago to find they no longer have MPC. THe agent said it was going away everywhere but not sure about that.
thats odd IAH is still listed here, doubt they would get rid of it everywhere who knows tho

djnick

wannabe dj
OT Supporter
Aug 17, 2004
fresh coast.
if you wanna pay like $30 you can use this to have it scan for GE appointments and text you

• Cool
Reactions: pookrat

strik9

Verbing weirds language.
May 18, 2001
Md
i did earlier in the year, was a couple months to get an appointment for the interview, which was a joke of an interview. just make the closest appointment and then check every day to see if you can reschedule closer as people cancel.

G-man

Nov 15, 2001
CO
Had my interview this afternoon. Only took like 5 minutes. CBP guy said you only need the card when driving across the border. He said I should get an email in a couple days with my GE # and I can use that when booking flights and it will have it printed on my ticket

Reactions: bearsdidit

Fifafever

OT Supporter
Jul 22, 2006
San Diego
I'm planning on getting in on re-entry next time I travel.

If you want to snag an appointment and have some programming skills (or access to a neighborhood nerd) it's pretty easy to hit the global entry appointment API looking for cancellations.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
no, it doesent.
if you go to check on the status of your review does it not say something there about that. im 100% positive it did when i renewed mine

something like due to the backlog and blah blah blah things are taking longer but if it expires while in renewal review itll still work or some crap to that effect

A Cow

OT Supporter
Jul 7, 2005
Vancouver BC
I applied for my Nexus card back in Febuary ( Same shit, just different name for Can / USA vs just USA )

it offically expired in July..

I've got another 6months or a year or some shit of leeway before mine stops working.. but I havn't heard jack shit beyond "application submitted"

Reactions: GRattu

SAKU39

OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2005
I applied for my Nexus card back in Febuary ( Same shit, just different name for Can / USA vs just USA )

I've got another 6months or a year or some shit of leeway before mine stops working.. but I havn't heard jack shit beyond "application submitted"
My dads renewal took two years submitted right around start of COVID. He was still using it for almost a year after expiry.

:o Mine was renewed after three days a few months back. Being GOV and having TS Clearance might have helped with that though. Was shocked and originally thought the approval message was because I fucked up the renewal application.

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007

It's been a mess, mine expired last year and I haven't been able to book an appointment to renew it. Fucking thing sucks

jsilas

OT Supporter
Sep 9, 2006
PNW
Already had it, but renewed last week. The renewal went through in less than 24hrs. Updated card arrived in < 1week. :dunno:

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
vFrG2fV.png

4EF5CGx.png

its been north of 180 days now:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Reactions: AndyP

blackhat

Viva Los Doyers
OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
I renewed both my passport and GE this year. Passport I had back in 6 weeks. GE renewal took zero time at all. Submitted it online, got approval back like 2 days later.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary