GUN Anybody know somebody selling a Colt

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue
1911 Goverment Series 70?
Not a remake, an original. In good condition?
I've found a few online, nothing I'm too sure about.

Any of you guys have a decent lead?
thx

Boosted98gsx

Jul 27, 2002
Texas
1911 Goverment Series 70?
Not a remake, an original. In good condition?
I've found a few online, nothing I'm too sure about.

Any of you guys have a decent lead?
thx

You mean you want a MK1 m1911A1? Today's MkIV 1911 series 70 is a very nice handgun. I have one.

TS
TS
mylegacy412

mylegacy412

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2005
Bellevue
I found this one http://www.gunsamerica.com//9202983.../colt_1911_mk4_series_70_government_model.htm and the owner responded with this
First off, the 1911 is still for sale, and I attached six photos which I think have better lighting. In image 0236, which should be the third picture I sent you; In this picture you can faintly see the scratch but is by the slide pin from disassembling the gun. I want to sell this piece to buy another gun, So if the price is right I would do it but I would be just as happy keeping it. Me saying this, I am going to tell you the truth. The first time I shot it, I put about 10 rounds through it and the cartridges stopped extracting. After going to my guns smith I had the extractor replaced, and works beautifully. about a month ago I went to the range with my Sgt. and he shot my gun, it began to jam on him, but worked perfect with me. He has a 9mm with not being used to the recoil he was limp wristing it. Once i explained to hold it like it was going to fly out of your hand he was shooting it with not problems. So if you have a problem having a limp wrist, I do not recommend this gun for you. That is really the only thing I have to say about the 1911. I do have one question for you. I am not too familiar with California’s gun laws, but it is a 45, are you legally able to own it before actually thinking of buying it?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana