Anybody know stuff about cobb tuners?

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
My kids friend owed him some money and instead gave him a Cobb turner out of his Raptor.
Seems like they're worth a bit, but I don't know anything about em.

I looked online and I guess some are married to certain trucks etc. Anything I should know, so I can sell it for him?

TS
TS
Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
I dont know if Cobb offers support for that situation. You have to unmarry it by plugging it back into the married vehicle and detuning it.

Hmmm. Ok. The kid just traded in that truck, so I'm not sure how that would work.
Is there a way to see if this thing is still married?

nofriends

OT Supporter
Feb 22, 2005
CO
Hmmm. Ok. The kid just traded in that truck, so I'm not sure how that would work.
Is there a way to see if this thing is still married?

The installed state is just as important as whether or not the Accessport is the correct part number. If it is already installed (or “married”) to another vehicle, it will not work on your vehicle. The installed state can be checked by plugging the Accessport into any car (any car with an OBD2 port, compatibility for this step is not required) or computer and completing the steps above or with a quick scroll through the main menu. If “Install” is an option, this Accessport is ready to work on another compatible vehicle. If “Uninstall” is an option, this Accessport will not work on your vehicle until it is uninstalled from the previous vehicle or sent to COBB to be re-licensed.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue