CREW Anyone build plastic models?

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
I used to as a kid but nearly every single model I built either had my fingerprints embedded somewhere on it, torn decals, glue over-runs, or melted plastics due to using too much glue because I sucked at detail when I was a kid.

I now have a bunch of models that I've collected of various cars I've owned and have been thinking about putting some of them together. Would like to get the correct tools/supplies before starting so I don't make a mess of things like I did when I was a kid... If anybody has any suggestions, please share!

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
Actually when I was a kid I was really into it but also really bad at it. I would get glue smudges on everything, especially the clear pieces. Painted the parts with too much paint. Shit would fall apart while trying to assemble it.

Finally just stopped trying, lol.

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
Actually when I was a kid I was really into it but also really bad at it. I would get glue smudges on everything, especially the clear pieces. Painted the parts with too much paint. Shit would fall apart while trying to assemble it.

:werd:

midnite

OT Supporter
Apr 5, 2002
San Diego, CA
I used to as a kid but nearly every single model I built either had my fingerprints embedded somewhere on it, torn decals, glue over-runs, or melted plastics due to using too much glue because I sucked at detail when I was a kid.

I now have a bunch of models that I've collected of various cars I've owned and have been thinking about putting some of them together. Would like to get the correct tools/supplies before starting so I don't make a mess of things like I did when I was a kid... If anybody has any suggestions, please share!
same here, I bought the Tamiya Mustang GT4 kit and their thin brush on glue which should be significantly better than the old testers mess, but i haven't started it yet :o

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺

Same as me.. even with the glue bottles that had the inch long needle to make it easier.. I’d get that shit everywhere lol

Reactions: Cashishift

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I had similar thoughts so gave it a try as an adult, was aight. As a kid I always was all glue fingerprinty on mine :rofl:

I didn't want to get into painting so I got 2 kits that worked pretty well without paint. Was nice to just do something that didnt involve a computer :shrug:

just posted a few days ago in the lego thread https://offtopic.com/threads/i-just-bought-some-classic-lego-sets.5692136/page-6#post-180997448

9jxSiXcl.jpg

I don't have a finished pic of this one (With the decals) but it came out pretty good

ytGRnvcl.jpg

Reactions: GH0ST

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE

Pretty much this.

I did get better with the glue and paint tho

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74