Anyone else feel like there's actually a light at the end of the tunnel, now?

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I don't want to get ahead of myself or anything, but with the vaccine on the horizon and the monoclonal antibodies / therapy, I feel like there is an actual end in sight. I know Covid 19 is never going to disappear, but it really seems like life is going to get better.

I am so fucking ready for it.

Reactions: black jesus
TS
TS
BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I wonder if "2020 trauma" is a real thing now. Like, with how shit everything is, how many people need counseling?

Mr Coffee

Jun 25, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
Hell yes. I was thinking by June/July there's a good chance it'll stick with us (without a vaccine) until well into end of 2021, so things are starting to look so much better.
I'm already planning my trips to the rest of the world for the latter half of 2021, and will be taking the vaccine as soon as it's possible to.

In the meantime happy to continue business as covid-usual, just because we're at the tail-end of this does not mean we should be lax. I've avoided this shit so far, don't plan to get it just as vaccine is rolling out.

Reactions: FDT

Mr Coffee

Jun 25, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I wonder if "2020 trauma" is a real thing now. Like, with how shit everything is, how many people need counseling?

Between the winter flu, Covid, winter blues and some places being locked down/restricted (Ireland for sure is getting back into lockdown after New Years), this is going to mess so many people up. Hope those people get the help they need, levels of depression was already high so far, they're about to sky-rocket it feels like.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Yes by late spring early summer most people should at least be able to hang with friends and family assuming they all been vaccinated. Huge indoor events I don’t know when they will return, maybe quickly with some kind of Covid pass. But at least there is some form of hope now.

Still sucks that we couldn’t do the simple things to keep it from being the shit show it is and will be for several more months though. Could have saved a lot of lives and jobs.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
There will be light. How soon? I'm not sure. For as long as this has taken, I been trying to stay optimistic despite all the bullshit.

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
I doubt there will be live, large scale events like concerts or professional sports games with people in person until 2022. But i'll take just being able to go to a restaraunt without wearing a mask by next year.

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
I doubt there will be live, large scale events like concerts or professional sports games with people in person until 2022. But i'll take just being able to go to a restaraunt without wearing a mask by next year.
Bro I was in Culver's in AZ just recently and saw a couple without masks. What's the big deal.

Samcanadian

Cellular, Modular, Interactivodular
OT Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
CXdn8lzl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman