Anyone else have a shitload of vacation time left for the year??

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
Currently I have 5 weeks left. I have taken like no vacation time this year due to being WFH since mid March and now I have a problem of losing it... Right now I am taking Fridays off for the rest of the year as well as the week of and after Christmas but that's not going to deplete all of it. They are making an exception where you can carry over 80 hours instead of the typical 40 hours which helps a little but still...

I guess I'm just grumpy that they aren't suspending the forfeiture policy completely this year :o

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
i sold 40hrs so just got a chunk of christmas money :bowdown:

still have 170 left. they bumped our cap for covid but will be dropping to back down in the spring, so i might have to cash out a bit more. depends if i take days off for christmas.

JoeDirte

OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2006
FL
7 days. They usually don't roll over but company is changing policy for this year only. I usually use all my 15 days every year.

dorkultra

OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
we have "unlimited vacation" and i've probably taken about 2 weeks total this year when my daughter was born and a couple of days for nasal surgery. otherwise we're so understaffed and crammed with work that you can't take any days off

unless you're my coworkers, then you take off whenever you want and screw over the rest of the group

TS
TS
SkiMax

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
i sold 40hrs so just got a chunk of christmas money :bowdown:

still have 170 left. they bumped our cap for covid but will be dropping to back down in the spring, so i might have to cash out a bit more. depends if i take days off for christmas.
I wish we could get paid out for extra time... Back in the day there was no limit on how much you could carry over and if you got an exorbitant amount they would pretty much just make you take some time or pay you out. Then it went to 80 hours carryover and they would pay you out the rest at the end of the year. Now you can only carry over 40 hrs and you forfeit what you don't use.

fucking lame.

• Sad
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
At my old company I received PTO at 100% of my 3 month commissioned rolling average, but as I was 95% commission, I'd get paid in addition to the PTO.

Basically my PTO was 200% of my pay :rofl:

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
Not this year- I'm tanking this year (#SALESLIFE) so i'm taking allllllllll of it before year end :dunno:

Every other year i'd let atleast 1-2 weeks go in the trash. Seems pretty stupid now looking back.

• Sad
Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
We don't carry over any time from year to year and my anniversary is coming up in early January. I'm going to lose about 60 hours. I'm using about 60 between December and January though. I work from home 100% of the time (have for over 5 years now) AND I get every other Friday off. I'm not really worried about it because I have a better schedule than 99% of people working.

JJC1823

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Miami, FL
Last time i check in November i had 220 hrs and i could only keep/move 80hrs for next year. Been taking every Monday off since then.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I have around 180 hours, plus 130 of sick.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6