Anyone else recently getting a flood of spam texts from Area Code 469?

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
It seems like since the last week of December, I suddenly started getting spam text messages from area code 469. Every single one is a different phone number so blocking them individually seems to do nothing. Anyone else having the same issue? Last week, my work cell phone started getting texts from 469 as well.

Any apps for IOS that can block texts from specific area codes?

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
It seems like since the last week of December, I suddenly started getting spam text messages from area code 469. Every single one is a different phone number so blocking them individually seems to do nothing. Anyone else having the same issue? Last week, my work cell phone started getting texts from 469 as well.

Any apps for IOS that can block texts from specific area codes?

TS
TS
Keysersozeh

Keysersozeh

The Devil Himself
Nov 30, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
The phone calls go to VM unless they are in my contact which is nice. So I just clean out the VMs later in the day. I probably get about 4 to 5 warranty calls and 2/3 refinance my credit card offers.

The annoying part is even if I just filter to ’Known Senders’ in iMessage, I just show an unread text and a lot of them are being sent early in the AM.

pilgrim

Jul 11, 2004
La, Ca
Ever since the election finished... most of my spam texts/calls disappeared

Still average around 3 a day but they don't call on the weekends anymore :hs:

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
No idea how they got her name with my number.

I get calls and text for my mother about wanting to buy a specific property she owns, they mention that address not the basic "we were in the area and saw your house and would like to make an offer".

I suspect it is because she is (clearly) associated with my father and some of those online peoplefinder tools think that I am an alias that my dad uses.

DaZ

System 9 And The 7 Dwarfs
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2004
MA
I just use google assistant and let it handle the calls

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor