TECH Anyone else using iOS 5?

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX
Everything seems to work well other than Safari. It seems to just crash for no reason at all.

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
music app is really buggy, but I expected that.

running on my ipad and not my iphone.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should stop using it because when iCloud launches, I want to make a new account instead of porting over my mobileme account.

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX
music app is really buggy, but I expected that.

running on my ipad and not my iphone.

I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should stop using it because when iCloud launches, I want to make a new account instead of porting over my mobileme account.
I'm running it on my iPad also. Have you figured out how to get gestures to work? I can see where I can turn them on, but I don't see how I can assign them to tasks.

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
I'm running it on my iPad also. Have you figured out how to get gestures to work? I can see where I can turn them on, but I don't see how I can assign them to tasks.

I thought the only gestures added were the four finger swiping between apps or swiping up for the multitasking bar, or 5 finger pinch to go back home.

:dunno:

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
also, i kind of which the 5 finger pinch had a bug, just so we'd get headlines of apple implementing the five finger death pinch :mamoru2:

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX
I thought the only gestures added were the four finger swiping between apps or swiping up for the multitasking bar, or 5 finger pinch to go back home.

:dunno:

So is that already activated? It doesn't seem to work on mine (iPad 1st gen).

jsmonet

egg
Sep 20, 2002
so cali
...you get gesturing support by simply plugging your os4.3-ish ipad into a mac running xcode 3 or 4 and telling it to use it for dev. no acct needed.

Jacen2141

Aug 10, 2004
SC
and the four finger swipe works with all apps? Hmmm... Weird.

I'm running it on my iPad 1. I previously had gestures enabled through Xcode, but when I installed the beta it killed them.

I don't think they will be officially supported on the first gen. With the launch of iPad 2, they seem to have forgotten the original iPad existed as they tend to do.

Leave it to Apple...

TS
TS
The1Ash10

The1Ash10

Oct 10, 2002
ATX

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
beta 2 seems really buggy on the computer side.

backed everything up, then installed the new version of itunes.

that reset audible account, so make sure you plug that in before trying to sync ipad or it beachballs.

synced and updated ipad. then afterwards, when you plug it in to sync, all the data is categorized as "other," and any time you make a change, you can't apply it. if you try and eject and apply changes before doing so, it will say it can't find the ipad. :dunno:

it does have the wireless sync option, but it wouldn't apply it (although I thought this was sort of working last time around anyway).

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm getting a lot of data categorized as "Other" as well on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Annoying when I try to sync a 1.2GB movie with 8GB free on my iPad only to be told I need another 256MB. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor