Anyone have a bidet and younger kids?

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
I have twin 9 year old girls. They keep using way too much TP and clogging the shitter up. Just dealt with 1/4" of water in the bathroom and shit water everywhere because one of them used way too much paper and clogged it and didn't tell us, just kept trying to flush it.

We have a bidet in our master bath and you really only have to do the dry and check wipe after you use it.

I'm wondering if this would solve the problem, because they seem to clog the toilet up weekly. On the other hand, I don't want them to leave it with the bidet on shooting a stream of water across the room.

Anyone have kids that use a bidet? Any issues with them learning how to use it and not fucking things up?

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
Our bidet has a kid mode button you press and it just automates the entire process.

If yours is just one of the ones that hooks up to the water line and mounts to the toilet, this isn't an option, but the nicer ones that plug into an outlet have a lot more user friendly/comfort features.

Just put a GFCI outlet in your bathroom and get one.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Our bidet has a kid mode button you press and it just automates the entire process.

If yours is just one of the ones that hooks up to the water line and mounts to the toilet, this isn't an option, but the nicer ones that plug into an outlet have a lot more user friendly/comfort features.

Bathroom downstairs is old and on knob and tube, but on a GFCI breaker, so it should be ok. But no plugs near the toilet. I guess I could install one though.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006

Ouch, looked it up on amazon. I'd be spending $200 or more.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Yeah the shiny lever is like crack to her simple brain and we have to make sure it’s set on “nozzle cleaning” so she doesn’t get absolutely demolished by the spray when she pushes it

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Tori is who clogged it up, and she didn't tell us.

Penny comes up stairs and is just like "whats wrong with the bathroom?"

"I don't know, whats wrong with it?"

"I don't know...."

Go down there and theres water and turds everywhere, toilet overflowing. Ugh.

Just how I wanted to spend my evening. Used every towel in the house soaking it up and have a box fan blowing in there now. Tomorrow I'll switch it to a big dehumidifier I have in the garage to soak up all the water from the sub floor.

Hops

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
Sierra Foothills, CA
They're 9, teach them what a plunger is? Or at least not to keep flushing if the water is rising.

I don't have kids, so I could be completely wrong.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
My boys been using a bidet since 6ish.
He's been known to spend some extra time rinsing, but no actual problems.

I do too, lol. Let some of it get up in the colon and then blast it back out. Gotta get the whole tract clean.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Well Penny just came upstairs to use the bathroom because the downstairs one is wet.

We tried the bidet. It was an immediate "NOPE!!!!".

So I guess thats a no go.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Yes. We have Toto washlets on our toilets and it's been good and bad. We've had them before we had our son so he grew up with them. He's 7 now and won't shit anywhere other than at home. He'll hold it all day at school and wait until he gets home.

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Just installed whatever the one OT was recommended, like $30 only hooks up to water line but damn it's so much better than TP only. I have a 7 year old and she uses it just fine.

Armin Tamzarian

May 28, 2006
in the clouds

"I don't know...."

Just how I wanted to spend my evening. Used every towel in the house soaking it up and have a box fan blowing in there now. Tomorrow I'll switch it to a big dehumidifier I have in the garage to soak up all the water from the sub floor.

lol brutal

horus

Equinsu ocha say “he will harm you”.
OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2005
Washington D.C.

"I don't know...."

oh the joy of kids :rofl:

our almost burned the house down a few weeks ago

• Wow
Reactions: TenSteel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman