Anyone have the new Sonos Arc soundbar?

motorola

OT Supporter
Nov 14, 2001
Central Florida
Looking to retire my pioneer elite receiver and def tech components. I was never happy with the sound-- dialogue in movies is always too low.

The new arc sound bar looks promising.

Anything better for the money? $2-3k ish budget.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
JFYI, you can adjust dialogue settings and center channel volume levels. Most receivers have a built in "night mode" or dialogue boosting function.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I'd toss that shitty Pioneer receiver and throw down some money on a decent Marantz and see if Audyssey tuning and dialogue enhancers solve your problem. That will improve things quite a bit imo.

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
I have the Beam at my cottage and am very impressed with it. In theory, the Arc should be even better so i'd say go for it. :nod:

TS
TS
motorola

motorola

OT Supporter
Nov 14, 2001
Central Florida
I have one and love it

Although mine is paired with the Sub3 and two OneSLs so I can't really speak to the soundbar alone

Yeah, I'll definitely be doing the sub. Maybe the OneSLs or something too-- but I have ceiling mounted speakers that I could use instead of having something on the floor for the rears. Annoying that the fucking Sonos amp to use my ceiling speakers like $700 though. :rofl:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Sonos? If coming from a traditional 5.1 or similar, you're going to be very disappointed with a sound bar.

My BIL has one in his house without the sub and it sounds terrible. My understanding is that they're very user friendly, though.

JoJoFine

OT Supporter
Nov 13, 2003
Seattle
Sonos? If coming from a traditional 5.1 or similar, you're going to be very disappointed with a sound bar.

My BIL has one in his house without the sub and it sounds terrible. My understanding is that they're very user friendly, though.
This 100%. You've gotta have the sub & rear speakers else you're better off just spending a fraction of the money on a soundbar from LG or Klipsch since you'll end up with the same sound profile

atamus1

freakazoid!
Aug 15, 2001
charleston, sc
Love mine. I also have it paired with two 1's and the sub but even getting that whole package, you'd be under your mentioned budget. It's also nice to just build the system throughout your house slowly. It's nice to be able to fill every room with music whether it's all the same or each room has their own sound. The app works well and is easy to use. Plus you can put a speaker anywhere that has an outlet. No need to run wires.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
This 100%. You've gotta have the sub & rear speakers else you're better off just spending a fraction of the money on a soundbar from LG or Klipsch since you'll end up with the same sound profile
Yup. I have a bar48 and have been very pleased with it. (once I did the firmware update to update the sound profile it really opened it up) I'd definitely recommend using a different sub with it as the one that comes in the kit is a bit limited.

atamus1

freakazoid!
Aug 15, 2001
charleston, sc
If you're on the fence about it, just get it all from Best Buy. If you don't like the sound, they have a no questions 15 day return period that I believe is extended this year due to covid.

spark plugs.

beautiful.
OT Supporter
Jul 26, 2004
qUEENZ, NY

agreed. I came from a true 5.1 and I really miss the left and right separation

Reactions: TenSteel

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman