Anyone here actually use and believe in Astrology?

Tesla Death Ray

Open your mouth, I'm gonna put something nice into
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2006
Your Best Nightmare
Is it really supernatural? Positioning, alignment, timing, etc...seems somewhat plausible to be honest...

well have you read anything on astrology? the most common thing is a list of traits associated with astrological sign. odds are good some of them will apply to you, maybe even half of them. but then read the list of traits for a different sign. odds are good some of them apply to you too. the trick is that your brain latches on to the ones that apply to you under your sign as "proof", and disregards all the wrong ones. and then you are also supposed to dismiss all the traits that apply to you from a different sign. why? because they are built to apply to anyone, and it relies on your casual dismissal of the incorrect traits for you to continue believing.

if there was science to back up the association of human traits and planets, it would be published in a scientific journal. but there is no evidence of association strong enough to be considered significant, to my knowledge.

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
well have you read anything on astrology? the most common thing is a list of traits associated with astrological sign. odds are good some of them will apply to you, maybe even half of them. but then read the list of traits for a different sign. odds are good some of them apply to you too. the trick is that your brain latches on to the ones that apply to you under your sign as "proof", and disregards all the wrong ones. and then you are also supposed to dismiss all the traits that apply to you from a different sign. why? because they are built to apply to anyone, and it relies on your casual dismissal of the incorrect traits for you to continue believing.

if there was science to back up the association of human traits and planets, it would be published in a scientific journal. but there is no evidence of association strong enough to be considered significant, to my knowledge.
This has been Professor Obvious’ afternoon lecture.

• Haha
Reactions: Twinsen and Grom

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I think it's good for funsies. It's archaic and doesn't mean anything, but it's kinda fun to engage in an old tradition seeing as there aren't a lot of them to connect with (depending on culture) if you're not religious.

Reactions: Grom

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
I think it's good for funsies. It's archaic and doesn't mean anything, but it's kinda fun to engage in an old tradition seeing as there aren't a lot of them to connect with (depending on culture) if you're not religious.
This is something a Gemini would say

TS
TS
Grom

Grom

Jun 7, 2021
Philadelphia

I do understand the basic premise of astrology. I understand how see through it can seem. But I'm specifically talking about its origin, not how the traits are delegated in todays society.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
My friend would send me astrology memes so I started sending her astrology memes. We would laugh and joke around. One year later...I can only date Pieces or Scorpio if I want to have a happy life. o_O

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
My friend would send me astrology memes so I started sending her astrology memes. We would laugh and joke around. One year later...I can only date Pieces or Scorpio if I want to have a happy life. o_O
:rofl:

Apparently, according to some very quick research, I married my polar opposite in everything but chemistry :o. Apparently I need to find me a Gemini or a Virgo all along. :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: kitty

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
:rofl:

Apparently, according to some very quick research, I married my polar opposite in everything but chemistry :o. Apparently I need to find me a Gemini or a Virgo all along. :rofl:

giphy.gif

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971