CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Test drove an R1T today. The R1T drove fairly well, but definitely strange driving an EV that tall with soft A/T tires.

NzQiufZ.jpg

dTTd3om.jpg

dFxkcN8.jpg

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Any more impressions?

Interior quality? How did the colors look in person?
Interior quality was better than I expected. I really liked the "green" color of the exterior--more of a gray/green than green though. Dark interior with the black leather seats and ash wood looked great in person.

The driving feel was "soft" between the suspension and tires. In the "sport" setting it was actually quite uncomfortable on the freeway and started doing some weird vibrating on certain patches of road. Handled quite well for how big it is and the acceleration was jarring for the size. The go-pedal travel was way longer than other vehicles I've driven, so the first time when I thought I was close to giving it 100% throttle I was actually only around 50% :rofl:

Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
Interior quality was better than I expected. I really liked the "green" color of the exterior--more of a gray/green than green though. Dark interior with the black leather seats and ash wood looked great in person.

The driving feel was "soft" between the suspension and tires. In the "sport" setting it was actually quite uncomfortable on the freeway and started doing some weird vibrating on certain patches of road. Handled quite well for how big it is and the acceleration was jarring for the size. The go-pedal travel was way longer than other vehicles I've driven, so the first time when I thought I was close to giving it 100% throttle I was actually only around 50% :rofl:
Did it even feel soft in sport mode? I hate driving mushy suspensions, especially in trucks.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Did it even feel soft in sport mode? I hate driving mushy suspensions, especially in trucks.
I could definitely feel the soft tires in sport mode. Sport mode lowers it ~2inches as well, which made it feel a bit low for a truck. I turned sport off pretty quickly on the highway because of how much the whole car was vibrating with the road surface--almost like it hit a perfect resonant frequency.

I'd definitely recommend driving one before buying it.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
I could definitely feel the soft tires in sport mode. Sport mode lowers it ~2inches as well, which made it feel a bit low for a truck. I turned sport off pretty quickly on the highway because of how much the whole car was vibrating with the road surface--almost like it hit a perfect resonant frequency.

I'd definitely recommend driving one before buying it.
haven't seen anyone say this yet, also, lol at recommending someone test drive it before buying, sure, no worries, just wait 2-3 more years before they catch up and have some available for non-preorder holders to test drive, you know that ain't happening anytime soon.

Also anyone who does have a pre-order, should just take delivery and if you don't like it, sell it and make a profit, now we all know what they're raising prices too, should make $20k+ off flipping one to someone now since they will probably pay the new pricing Plus more for not waiing

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
haven't seen anyone say this yet, also, lol at recommending someone test drive it before buying, sure, no worries, just wait 2-3 more years before they catch up and have some available for non-preorder holders to test drive, you know that ain't happening anytime soon.

Also anyone who does have a pre-order, should just take delivery and if you don't like it, sell it and make a profit, now we all know what they're raising prices too, should make $20k+ off flipping one to someone now since they will probably pay the new pricing Plus more for not waiing
You don't have to wait 2-3 more years. Place a pre-order and tell them you want to test drive it. If you don't like it, cancel your pre-order and get your deposit back.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
139fdee2d8eb752e195a696d5624108f.jpg

ecf88ed7fe845f25ea40287931cc46c9.jpg

53d4402852d13b0472eac082dfb100e9.jpg

I forgot to post pics from my test drive about a month ago, after Rivian announced the delay of the white interior, think I’m changing to the green interior (el cap granite for paint) 22 wheels like the ones in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the wood in the green interior, but those avocado colored seats are a tough pill to swallow :hs:

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
I ordered a LA Silver/Black interior/default 21" wheels R1T on a whim yesterday after reading people are getting them super fast in buildable specs

Reactions: Menger

Thumpin'Ram

I'll level with you. These bags weren't designed f
Jul 15, 2001
Goodbye mailbox
139fdee2d8eb752e195a696d5624108f.jpg

ecf88ed7fe845f25ea40287931cc46c9.jpg

53d4402852d13b0472eac082dfb100e9.jpg

I forgot to post pics from my test drive about a month ago, after Rivian announced the delay of the white interior, think I’m changing to the green interior (el cap granite for paint) 22 wheels like the ones in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my build also :o

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
My R1S is on order with original pricing, but I just bought another SUV. Debating still buying it since in theory I could turn around and sell it for a profit if I don't like it.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022