Colorado
Walnut looks so good
rivian-PUKE.jpg

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
Saw my first in the wild with temp plates here. Did a double take at first. Like WTF is that thing.

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
Oh we talking about wood?

I built my wife a wine rack out of walnut and 2 different types of maple 20180824_192208.jpg

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Couple of updates
1: my friend got his Rivian last week, so I got to drive it again, it's making the wait that much more painful. He got Limestone, black interior, 22 bright wheels.
2: Confirmed my theory that these one off buyers receiving their trucks super quick are simply because they were the next in line with that configuration for a truck already in transit to their area, so they are probably not in the areas with tons of orders as I suspect areas with more orders there would have been a pre-order holder who put their deposit down a lot longer ago ahead of them with that same configuration.
3: They were supposed to give us new ETA's in May, May is half over, I've seen no updates but hoping before May ends we have a new timeline, I think larger markets will start seeing big influx of trucks delivered as they batch the largest markets first, then trickle down to smaller markets to help boost truck delivery numbers.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
Couple of updates
1: my friend got his Rivian last week, so I got to drive it again, it's making the wait that much more painful. He got Limestone, black interior, 22 bright wheels.
2: Confirmed my theory that these one off buyers receiving their trucks super quick are simply because they were the next in line with that configuration for a truck already in transit to their area, so they are probably not in the areas with tons of orders as I suspect areas with more orders there would have been a pre-order holder who put their deposit down a lot longer ago ahead of them with that same configuration.
3: They were supposed to give us new ETA's in May, May is half over, I've seen no updates but hoping before May ends we have a new timeline, I think larger markets will start seeing big influx of trucks delivered as they batch the largest markets first, then trickle down to smaller markets to help boost truck delivery numbers.
I have all the options that are delaying lead times :wtc:

MAX PACK!!!!
and ocean coast. I also switched from Rivian blue to limestone and added the power cover back in... Sigh... It's going to be fucking 2024 before I get my truck

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
I should update my registration address to my wife's apartment in Chicago

I heard 2 texas owners used a Chicago address and got their trucks first, LOL............but, had they had an issue at the time they got their trucks there was no service center so kinda silly to jump the line before you have help available.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
I have all the options that are delaying lead times :wtc:

MAX PACK!!!!
and ocean coast. I also switched from Rivian blue to limestone and added the power cover back in... Sigh... It's going to be fucking 2024 before I get my truck

Ocean coast is an interesting thing, like I have seen 1 OC and one Forrest Edge (online for both) interiors, so I'm really curious if they start having tons of people switch to Forest Edge will they then have problems fulfiling those orders. I want my dang truck now, after driving it again (first mile thing and then my buddies) I'm literally refreshing my email hoping to get a guide.......my delivery window was July - Sept and they haven't come out with the revised windows which they said would be some time in May

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
I heard 2 texas owners used a Chicago address and got their trucks first, LOL............but, had they had an issue at the time they got their trucks there was no service center so kinda silly to jump the line before you have help available.
Orlando service center is up and running and Miami has been hiring for months so should be up soon

Smahatma

OT Supporter
Dec 23, 2003
Gullyfornia
Couple of updates
Julio? Saw his gram posts, he seems to like it.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022