CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Was told my R1S ($80k spec, grandfathered original pricing) will be delivered in August-September timeframe. My custom spec'd 2023 Range Rover that was supposed to deliver in fucking mid-2023 is somehow magically going to be ready in October of this year, so now I have decisions to make.

I'm considering buying the R1S for ~$88k after TTL and seeing if I can convince my wife to ditch her Model 3 (she prefers smaller cars). If not, it seems to reason that I could list the R1S for $100k (it would cost ~$95k-97k to order the same spec today + you'd have to wait 1-2 years for it) and sell it pretty quickly. Hell I might be able to trade it in for around that much since I keep seeing R1Ts listed for $120-$130k at dealers.

What y'all think?

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Was told my R1S ($80k spec, grandfathered original pricing) will be delivered in August-September timeframe. My custom spec'd 2023 Range Rover that was supposed to deliver in fucking mid-2023 is somehow magically going to be ready in October of this year, so now I have decisions to make.

I'm considering buying the R1S for ~$88k after TTL and seeing if I can convince my wife to ditch her Model 3 (she prefers smaller cars). If not, it seems to reason that I could list the R1S for $100k (it would cost ~$95k-97k to order the same spec today + you'd have to wait 1-2 years for it) and sell it pretty quickly. Hell I might be able to trade it in for around that much since I keep seeing R1Ts listed for $120-$130k at dealers.

What y'all think?
The first delivered R1S's should be easy flips at $140-150k because they're the most in demand. Literally just list it on bringatrailer or cars and bids

R1T market is cooling off because everyone is flipping them and there's plenty to choose from. All those tech bros out there looking to be the first kids on the block with the R1S are ready to pay

Definitely take delivery

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw

What y'all think?
Say spec one more God damn time

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Wait what's the existing credit that has no limits? :eek3:

Edit: I did sign the agreement though
The current EV credit has no income or vehicle price limits. Rivian still qualifies for that, so with the BPA they sent out today, you can supposedly still apply for that even if the vehicle gets delivered after the new bill is signed, or in 2023. Still trying to determine if 2024 deliveries would also still work, seen conflicting info. :o

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
The current EV credit has no income or vehicle price limits. Rivian still qualifies for that, so with the BPA they sent out today, you can supposedly still apply for that even if the vehicle gets delivered after the new bill is signed, or even 2023, maybe 2024.
Since when does the current EV credit (the $7500 one right?) not have an income limit? Before my wife and I were married we purchased her Model 3 (in 2018 iirc) with her as the sole owner in order to get the $7500 credit because it had an income limit. Did that change at some point?

I might be on drugs maybe it was the CA rebate that had the income limit?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Since when does the current EV credit (the $7500 one right?) not have an income limit? Before my wife and I were married we purchased her Model 3 (in 2018 iirc) with her as the sole owner in order to get the $7500 credit because it had an income limit. Did that change at some point?

I might be on drugs maybe it was the CA rebate that had the income limit?
CA does, federal does not.

• Love
Reactions: hootpie

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town

What y'all think?
How TF are you getting that early of a delivery? Just slide that order over to me, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026