CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

SCIronMike

OT Health Guru
May 17, 2001
Huntington Beach, CA
Never got a binding agreement email. My pre-order is from 10/2019. Maybe it is because I cancelled back in March when they jacked the price and had to reinstate my order. They refunded my deposit so while I have a pre-order, there is no deposit with Rivian.

MrBlonde

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2002
:wisconsin:
Everything that's walnut is solid wood, my friend makes furniture, these are old pics, but, shows off the furniture.

b152eff77eb17aea33b8d7db14ff3402.jpg

8835c43deb9a760842362409e4f7fc35.jpg

60dcb0f149eb92164ce8bfb7745a6985.jpg

f97a0eaae268165616f713d1eee43b7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bro likes that dark wood, you can just admit that. This is a safe place.

Dim

I'm Lost, Help Me
Aug 26, 2004
California
Will be interesting to see what your experience is with service on these. Couple years back I interviewed at Rivian for a product roll with the team putting together their vehicle service system. The "hiring manager" was some kid right out of school with no experience in anything, much less automotive servicing. I wasn't particularly confident he could put that program together. Then just today saw an article they were delaying deliveries to focus on areas where they could actually service the trucks.....

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Will be interesting to see what your experience is with service on these. Couple years back I interviewed at Rivian for a product roll with the team putting together their vehicle service system. The "hiring manager" was some kid right out of school with no experience in anything, much less automotive servicing. I wasn't particularly confident he could put that program together. Then just today saw an article they were delaying deliveries to focus on areas where they could actually service the trucks.....

It's been the plan the entire time to send deliveries where they have service centers first

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Explore package trim has been discontinued and cancelled. :down:

In order to deliver as many vehicles as possible, we have made the decision to discontinue the Explore Package. We realize this news is unexpected and apologize for how it impacts your plans.

When we initially launched our vehicles, we planned for two packages, Adventure and Explore, to offer more variety to our customers. The Explore Package was designed as our entry option and it was our expectation that a large number of customers would choose it. To date, only a small percentage of customers have chosen this configuration, with the vast majority selecting the Adventure trim. By focusing on the Adventure trim package, we’re able to streamline our supply chain and ultimately deliver vehicles more quickly.

Kinda shitty after just having people sign binding pre-order agreements.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
binding pre-order agreements should still get refunded if they can't deliver what you pre-ordered ... right?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
They announced Ocean Coast interior availability today too, and that went up another $500.

My exact config with Adventure package went up $6000.

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
I could downgrade to the Standard Pack and my reservation would only go up $1000, but I'd lose 60 miles of range and still get get delayed until 2024. :hmm:

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
was OC to start, then swapped to Green to attempt to shorten the delivery window, that did nothing. New window September / October and now they announce the new white / black interior, so I switched back as I prefer the black wood over the white ash anyways and it's $2000 less than Green interior

Also got my email saying I'll be given access to the "shop" in a few weeks if I happen to find a rivian that I like I will get my truck right away, OR if not, then after a week I go back to waiting for my config to be built prob closer to end of October.

Last edited:

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
I got access to the shop last night, and shocker........there are no trucks in the shop, so I guess they have been connecting a high percentage of their built trucks with the people that ordered them at least in my area, hence, no extras.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I originally ordered 20" A/T rims, but good god it knocks 40 miles off the range and I have a Range Rover with A/T tires on it for off-roading/mountain/snowboarding trips anyways. Might need to switch to the 21" aeros.

21" Aero
NgY6ukQl.png

20" A/T
e3kLan6l.png

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022