CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Got an email from my guide that they're ready to build my R1S. They asked me to confirm the build on the website :noes:

I did the opposite since I got into the shop, I checked the ? page to see if they assigned a guide which they did..........annoying that the guide doesn't reach out first, but if you check often enough then you finally figure out you've been assigned to a guide.

I had a phone call with her, and she said I could go ahead and lock in my configuration which starts the process of them sending me the buyers agreement and then my build gets sent to the production coordinators so from there when they run another run of Grey r1t / white interior builds that'll be me, sometime in the next 2 months ish

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I just want SOME mention of MAX PACK builds. just say "Shit's still delayed yo"... something. Acknowledge the existence!

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I just want SOME mention of MAX PACK builds. just say "Shit's still delayed yo"... something. Acknowledge the existence!
Same. I was originally going to hold out for the bigger battery pack since I don't give 2 shits about 3rd row seating, but it seems like it's a 2024+ thing. Figured I can just drive the R1S, then sell it to upgrade to the bigger battery.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Guide called me and said it'll be done being built tomorrow, then it goes through quality checks. After that they load it up on a train and ship it to the SF Service Center for secondary inspection.

He said the estimate is 6-8 weeks until I can take delivery, but that it's normally quicker.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Guide called me and said it'll be done being built tomorrow, then it goes through quality checks. After that they load it up on a train and ship it to the SF Service Center for secondary inspection.

He said the estimate is 6-8 weeks until I can take delivery, but that it's normally quicker.

Whats the build spec you orderd, oh wait, you ordered an R1S, see I knew that when they finally started making the R1S's they'd completely have a massive slow down on R1T builds, I can't be mad, just want my dang truck.

I also think what they will start doing is making large runs of white interior much like the R1S orders that they know they need to deliver some to keep people happy they'll want to deliver white interiors to get people happy too then resume a normal ratio of the mixed production.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Whats the build spec you orderd, oh wait, you ordered an R1S, see I knew that when they finally started making the R1S's they'd completely have a massive slow down on R1T builds, I can't be mad, just want my dang truck.

I also think what they will start doing is making large runs of white interior much like the R1S orders that they know they need to deliver some to keep people happy they'll want to deliver white interiors to get people happy too then resume a normal ratio of the mixed production.
R1S in Launch Green with Black Mountain interior and 20" A/T rims.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I chatted with Rivian support and they said the 400+ mile Max Pack R1T will begin production in 2023. I asked about the R1S and they said there is no estimated timeline for production or deliveries.

I'm tempted to place an order for an R1T. I don't particularly need a truck, but having the extra 80+ miles of range is important to me if it's going to replace my ICE.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

VipZ28

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I chatted with Rivian support and they said the 400+ mile Max Pack R1T will begin production in 2023. I asked about the R1S and they said there is no estimated timeline for production or deliveries.

I'm tempted to place an order for an R1T. I don't particularly need a truck, but having the extra 80+ miles of range is important to me if it's going to replace my ICE.
Q1 or Q4 2023? Just saying "2023" is a bullshit tactic.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

why?

tolomei

Leaving Las *****-Vegas
OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2001

Just checked mine and it says, "Shit's still delayed yo"

VipZ28

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
When we get ours in 2025, maybe we'll have a decent charging infrastructure. :rofl2:
I charge at home. If we road trip it's likely in the Tesla which will go everywhere I want to go (charging wise). If Tesla opens their chargers to the others, THEN we'll have a decent charging network.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
the extra 80 miles.
Being able to drive an extra hour on long road trips, range loss when driving up to the mountains to snowboard, range loss due to cold weather, peace of mind when off-roading, reduced range anxiety, etc..

Realistically I want a 500+ mile EV so that once you factor in charging to 80% and charging again at 10% you end up with over 300 miles of actual driving range. My current SUV gets nearly 500 miles of driving range on a single tank of gas, which is muy fantastico.

Reactions: Normie and whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022