CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
I think the biggest thing folks do not yet realize is range anxiety is fake and here's my theory.

When you are low on fuel in a ICE vehicle you start looking for gas stations and that "worry" about charging stations is carrying over, and the reason it won't matter 99% of the time is your "gas station" is your home.

If you get home with 0 miles on the dash left in the fuel tank, you're going to be walking to the gas station, but since your home is a gas station (or anywhere with a plug) you have infinite options.

Earlier when I say 99% of the time its because the 1% of the time it matters is on road trips, and for those, you just use the vehicles mapping system which integrates fast chargers and you're set. And then there's no range anxiety b/c you know where to fill up, so at worst instead of range anxiety you have the inconvenience of a longer recharge time than refuel, and you accept that going into buying an EV, but I really think the rest of range anxiety is just false anxiety/
This is a tired argument people that live in major cities that never make road trips to anywhere but major cities make.

Driving 250 miles north at 80mph with the ac on just to bother my friend to use his electricity on my stupid car parked in front of his house is a non starter. Right now, range "anxiety" is a thing and I don't want to sit in a hot car in Phoenix for 20-40 minutes while it charges so I can go back home, where there are literally 0 chargers besides my house. The tech might be here someday but it isn't today and it probably isn't even going to be 5 years from now. This iteration of electric vehicle isn't the move for the majority of America, we'll get there but not like this.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
This is a tired argument people that live in major cities that never make road trips to anywhere but major cities make.

Driving 250 miles north at 80mph with the ac on just to bother my friend to use his electricity on my stupid car parked in front of his house is a non starter. Right now, range "anxiety" is a thing and I don't want to sit in a hot car in Phoenix for 20-40 minutes while it charges so I can go back home, where there are literally 0 chargers besides my house. The tech might be here someday but it isn't today and it probably isn't even going to be 5 years from now. This iteration of electric vehicle isn't the move for the majority of America, we'll get there but not like this.

my avg charge time on the road is 16 minutes over the last 3 years. NJ to VT to SD. all over really.

the majority of americans can absolutely do electric right now. 14k miles per year avg blah blah blah.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
my avg charge time on the road is 16 minutes over the last 3 years. NJ to VT to SD. all over really.

the majority of americans can absolutely do electric right now. 14k miles per year avg blah blah blah.
My average fuel up time is 0 seconds because I have a 780 mile fuel range so I don't have to stand in Satan's inferno on my weekly trips to PHX and back.

Stop pretending. Nobody cares about your flimsy Tesla road trips.

• Clown
Reactions: Tupac and whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
My average fuel up time is 0 seconds because I have a 780 mile fuel range so I don't have to stand in Satan's inferno on my weekly trips to PHX and back.

my avg fuel up time is about 2 seconds a day.

youre chipper today. arn't you a MANLY MAN in your big gas long range car. EV tech is here today for tens of millions of american's needs. not all for sure. certainly not folks who live in rural towns and have to haul their egos to phoenix once a week.

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
my avg fuel up time is about 2 seconds a day.

youre chipper today. arn't you a MANLY MAN in your big gas long range car. EV tech is here today for tens of millions of american's needs. not all for sure. certainly not folks who live in rural towns and have to haul their egos to phoenix once a week.
That's a nice take from the guy constantly justifying his boring electric vehicle with mental gymnastics about how easy it all is the makes threads about how he couldn't find a working charger and made it to his destination by the skin of his teeth.

Congrats on buying beta tech that will be worthless once it's replaced with a better system.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

Lol.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
That's a nice take from the guy constantly justifying his boring electric vehicle with mental gymnastics about how easy it all is the makes threads about how he couldn't find a working charger and made it to his destination by the skin of his teeth.

Congrats on buying beta tech that will be worthless once it's replaced with a better system.

aww you got big feels today. its ok you want to feel superior. you got me. your big manly gas vehicle is so much more manly than mine.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
It's always the same argument too which is hilarious. 😂
he is spoon fed those talking points from his social media/media sources. its amazing the consistency they are programmed. never once will he/they apply any sense of critical thinking to it.

MY MANLY HANDS TOUCH THE GAS HANDLE. I HAVE THE FREEDOM TO GO ANYWHErreeeeeeee.

also them

GAS PRICES ARE SO HIGH

sp00n155

OT Supporter
Jan 30, 2006
Bisbee, AZ
he is spoon fed those talking points from his social media/media sources. its amazing the consistency they are programmed. never once will he/they apply any sense of critical thinking to it.

also them

GAS PRICES ARE SO HIGH
What a pathetic circle jerk this thread is

• Clown
Reactions: whatever

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

also them

GAS PRICES ARE SO HIGH
My wife has a friend like that too who tries to give her a hard time by making all the same points. It's amazing how fragile some people are about EVs and even just mentioning one or being one of the many people who EVs work well (let alone benefit from) it's a direct attack on their character and lifestyle.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
My wife has a friend like that too who tries to give her a hard time by making all the same points. It's amazing how fragile some people are about EVs and even just mentioning one or being one of the many people who EVs work well (let alone benefit from) it's a direct attack on their character and lifestyle.

its the same like 10 things over and over.

then they just say well i dont like it.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
its the same like 10 things over and over.

then they just say well i dont like it.
I don't understand why people who have no intent of buying an electric vehicle come into threads/conversations like this in the first place. If a gas vehicle is good enough for you, great, enjoy. If you want an electric, great enjoy. If you want to be like Fred Flintstone and use your feet, great enjoy.

Reactions: whatever

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I don't understand why people who have no intent of buying an electric vehicle come into threads/conversations like this in the first place. If a gas vehicle is good enough for you, great, enjoy. If you want an electric, great enjoy. If you want to be like Fred Flintstone and use your feet, great enjoy.
Well he certainly won’t come back now. He’s a manly man driving 700 miles without stopping.

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas

I mean... the A/C runs while you're charging?

Reactions: I<3URANUS

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I wasn't going to mention it because it's just makes it apparent that, that dude has never driven / ridden in an EV, he prob works for the oil/ gas industry and is all mad at EV's in general
I work for oil & gas :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022