CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
3 panels wide and 17 rows … only 92 feet :hmm:
The first array I'm building out at my farm this winter (fuck working in the Texas heat) is going to be 3 x 12. It's going to be a covered parking area for the tractors. Should be able to easily power the house and charge the vehicles at a reduced rate.

Reactions: Menger

VipZ28

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I don't know why people don't disconnect, its not that hard
Depends on the trailer / hitch. My 36' bumper pull travel trailer had load levers and sway control plus emergency brakes. It took a goo9 15 minutes to get connected right.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Depends on the trailer / hitch. My 36' bumper pull travel trailer had load levers and sway control plus emergency brakes. It took a goo9 15 minutes to get connected right.
yeah with a WD hitch I understand

but my 27' enclosed car carrier was just the ball and chains, park it somewhere out of the way, 3 minutes in and out and you're not blocking traffic or other chargers

Reactions: VipZ28

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
i know @whatever and @MrBonus were very argumentative and :noes: prior to ownership

ive always maintained they are great for 70% of ppl, they have a place, but not for errybody and especially not for me

and ive always corrected the crowd that says errybody should have one
they are not good for rural use cases. need another generation of battery density improvement and huge charging improvements on state/county highways.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
they are not good for rural use cases. need another generation of battery density improvement and huge charging improvements on state/county highways.
in my case, theres only two routes to take between home and work, both major centers (for the area), just not enough stations YET, itll get there

jasper natl park got fucked this week with forest fires, whole town no power, chargers and gas stations down, and cell towers lol, ppl were scramblin

Reactions: whatever

VipZ28

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
in my case, theres only two routes to take between home and work, both major centers (for the area), just not enough stations YET, itll get there

jasper natl park got fucked this week with forest fires, whole town no power, chargers and gas stations down, and cell towers lol, ppl were scramblin
We have outages all the time in Houston due to storms, construction, idiot drivers, etc. My power hasn't gone out since I put in my solar and battery in 2020. During the ice storm here my neighborhood was down for 3 days, and we were watching TV with the heat on. My batteries are topped up by noon so I could spend all afternoon charging a car, depending on the day that could be a 50% charge with my excess energy.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
when the fuck they gonna start pumping out R1Ss :mad:
they were supposed to start delivering to normal customers in May. wtf happened.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
when the fuck they gonna start pumping out R1Ss :mad:
they were supposed to start delivering to normal customers in May. wtf happened.

Reactions: Hisma

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022