CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
checking on the reddit I only see people posting R1Ts still. So must not be shipping en masse.
What I've come to realize (which is obvious really) is there's probably 90% of owners not on reddit, not on the FB groups that gives a very narrow viewpoint when you're hearing from 10% of the owner population ( I'm just guessing at 10% but it's pretty low of the 90,000 pre-orders versus how many people participate on line

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
What I've come to realize (which is obvious really) is there's probably 90% of owners not on reddit, not on the FB groups that gives a very narrow viewpoint when you're hearing from 10% of the owner population ( I'm just guessing at 10% but it's pretty low of the 90,000 pre-orders versus how many people participate on line
Don't forget about the online autism too.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
when the fuck they gonna start pumping out R1Ss :mad:
they were supposed to start delivering to normal customers in May. wtf happened.
My Launch Edition R1S (day 0 pre-order) is delivering by end of this month :dunno:

UgT6jtw.png

That one is probably mine.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
My Launch Edition R1S (day 0 pre-order) is delivering by end of this month :dunno:

UgT6jtw.png

That one is probably mine.

how do you get " by the end of this month" as a time frame, besides, maybe your delivery window was August / Septermber? Just curious? Since I got the guide they haven't known anything, no head's up about delivery timing, and all of a sudden it's ready to pick up

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
how do you get " by the end of this month" as a time frame, besides, maybe your delivery window was August / Septermber? Just curious? Since I got the guide they haven't known anything, no head's up about delivery timing, and all of a sudden it's ready to pick up
Guide notified me when my R1S was being built/inspected a few weeks ago. He followed up last week via email and said based on when it shipped and where it is in transit it'll be ready for pickup before the end of the month.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Guide notified me when my R1S was being built/inspected a few weeks ago. He followed up last week via email and said based on when it shipped and where it is in transit it'll be ready for pickup before the end of the month.

that's what's annoying, I asked my guide to give me a head's up as early as possible, so I could have more time to shop loans / insurance, that was Friday, her response " I haven't seen /heard anything I'll let you know as soon as I do" 2 days later I get the purchase contract paperwork, and the trucks already in dallas. so clearly they don't inform all guides the same or all guides don't know where to look

Reactions: I<3URANUS
TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
that's what's annoying, I asked my guide to give me a head's up as early as possible, so I could have more time to shop loans / insurance, that was Friday, her response " I haven't seen /heard anything I'll let you know as soon as I do" 2 days later I get the purchase contract paperwork, and the trucks already in dallas. so clearly they don't inform all guides the same or all guides don't know where to look
I think they're spitting out vehicles and just matching them to people on the fly because the same thing happened to me. I was told "we'll update you in a few weeks" and then literally the next day he called me and goes "your vehicle is being currently built and will be on a train to California in a couple of days."

Reactions: Menger

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
Delivery day Thursday!!!

I got the email Sunday stating "we're ready to start the purchase process" and just set up pickup (apparently they're not doing delivery to my house (le sigh)) for Thursday.
Oh shit! What's your config? Do you already have a charger at the house?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Absolutely not, lol..... I will have an electrician come wire it, I don't fuck with 220v.

Way back when this started, they were supposed to send the charger 2-4 weeks ahead of the truck, that's not been happening.

:rofl: it aint that bad.

yea thats what happened to my bro. no big charger until truck got delivered.

Reactions: Normie

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Congrats man

Gonna need your mini review

Fit and Finish are great, the body panel gaps are all perfect, so I know my buddy who got his in April, they were jacked up, mine are great, it's just feels SOLID if you haven't driven one yet, the truck is "tight" feeling, you gotta slam the doors shut b/c there is so much weather stripping.

OBV it's fast as fuck, I have to dive much deeper into the display / controls, but already set up the garage door openers, settings for ambient lights, map lights, stuff like that.

It's interesting to just walk away from the truck while the AC is running, music is running, and once you're far enough away, it shuts off and locks, there's no "turn on/ off" button like a start stop button so that will just be an adjustment.

I think my trip home was 30 miles, and I killed 50 miles of range by flooring it a bunch cuz IDGAF lol

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Fit and Finish are great, the body panel gaps are all perfect, so I know my buddy who got his in April, they were jacked up, mine are great, it's just feels SOLID if you haven't driven one yet, the truck is "tight" feeling, you gotta slam the doors shut b/c there is so much weather stripping.

OBV it's fast as fuck, I have to dive much deeper into the display / controls, but already set up the garage door openers, settings for ambient lights, map lights, stuff like that.

It's interesting to just walk away from the truck while the AC is running, music is running, and once you're far enough away, it shuts off and locks, there's no "turn on/ off" button like a start stop button so that will just be an adjustment.

I think my trip home was 30 miles, and I killed 50 miles of range by flooring it a bunch cuz IDGAF lol
mkbhd's like randomly locks while he's standing next to it and sometimes waits until he's like 100 yards away to lock :rofl:

wonder if its isolated or not

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022