CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
mkbhd's like randomly locks while he's standing next to it and sometimes waits until he's like 100 yards away to lock :rofl:

wonder if its isolated or not
It's been a complaint of a lot of owners, it's too sensitive and the signal reaches too far, so it unlocks when they don't want, and doesn't lock when they want it to.

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Absolutely not, lol..... I will have an electrician come wire it, I don't fuck with 220v.

Way back when this started, they were supposed to send the charger 2-4 weeks ahead of the truck, that's not been happening.
Meanwhile I got my charger like 3 days after my guide told me my R1S was being built. They fucking overnighted the thing to me and it's been sitting here for like 2 weeks now :rofl:

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
mkbhd's like randomly locks while he's standing next to it and sometimes waits until he's like 100 yards away to lock :rofl:

wonder if its isolated or not

IF he's using his phone, then it's bluetooth related, he could be using 4 different key formats (fob won't do that as it's not NFC) but the wrist band, cards, and phone all are NFC/ BT

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Congratulations and all but goddamn those headlights are so fucking stupid. I've seen a couple driving around here and they're even worse in person. WTF were they thinking?
Headlights are my fav, love them, I'm glad some don't creates something to talk about.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Meanwhile I got my charger like 3 days after my guide told me my R1S was being built. They fucking overnighted the thing to me and it's been sitting here for like 2 weeks now :rofl:
I don't have my charger...........it's being shipped ups ground will arrive Tuesday, for now, I'm getting like 2-3 miles/ hour charge on 120v, also I neeeeed my crossbars, I don't want to put the damn bike rack on the hitch, those have not shipped, along with the all weather mats

• Sad
Reactions: hootpie

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
It's been a complaint of a lot of owners, it's too sensitive and the signal reaches too far, so it unlocks when they don't want, and doesn't lock when they want it to.

just turn off bluetooth on the phone (let's say you're 20 feet away, and the truck won't "stay asleep" that'll solve it as a short term work around

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
IF he's using his phone, then it's bluetooth related, he could be using 4 different key formats (fob won't do that as it's not NFC) but the wrist band, cards, and phone all are NFC/ BT
of course he is, dudes a tech youtuber, brand new iphong 14 pro max or whatever.

he also can't get the app to change the interior temps from celsius :rofl:

btw, i love them. no hate. i just saw him quietly raging inside when i watched his "review" video and it made me laugh.

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
just turn off bluetooth on the phone (let's say you're 20 feet away, and the truck won't "stay asleep" that'll solve it as a short term work around
Ain't nobody trying to be bothered to turn off bluetooth every time you leave the truck. I think I'd just turn off the auto-unlock/lock mechanism entirely and carry the fob personally.

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
of course he is, dudes a tech youtuber, brand new iphong 14 pro max or whatever.

he also can't get the app to change the interior temps from celsius :rofl:

btw, i love them. no hate. i just saw him quietly raging inside when i watched his "review" video and it made me laugh.

My app also shows celcius and they don't know how to fix it, I found on the forums people would change their phone's Temp from F to C back to F and then open the Rivian app but it doesn't work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022