CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

ZCP M3

Feb 4, 2007
Denver, CO
Would love to be able to afford one. I have a friend with an R1T on order, and will let him beta test this whole thing while I wait for the R2T or their Wrangler-fighter.

Last edited:

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
Tesla figured it out. It looks like Rivian is figuring it out. If anything it seems like it's harder for legacy automakers to build BEVs that can compete on price/range and are reliable (see: Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf) than it is for EV startups to figure out how to make cars. The knowledge of "how to build a car" has been around and refined for 100+ years. The knowledge of how to build a proper BEV has been around for like 15 years.

Not everyone wants something F150-sized either. R1T is somewhere between an F150 and Tacoma in size. It also has a larger battery pack option with 400+ miles of range whereas the F150 only gets 300. I prefer Rivian's interior design/styling too.

Tesla cars are cheaply built with not a high level of standard for fit and finish, Rivian on the other hand has spent 3 years driving their vehicles all over the world trying to break them to make them the best vehicle possible for longevity and fit and finish prior to launch....The big question: did Ford's 1billion investment into Rivian get them access to Rivian's designs and patents, ehr go, the ford lightning is a Rivian underneath....that's a question I'd love to know.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
You do realize that chasing the battery improvement curve will be a 20-year endeavor, yes?

And while newer cars will come with newer battery tech, the aging battery tech will be available for replacement and cheap(er) upgrades for aging vehicles.

You'll be waiting until gasoline extinction.
Leaf battery doubled in juice in 7yrd

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
Sure. does it really matter on panel gaps at the end of the day? :hsugh:

a9b94a7c8cb61319fc6111586ba6b0e1.jpg

XxOoLVoOxX

Banned
May 30, 2021
I'm sticking with gas vehicles until every "gas" station has replaced over 50% of their pumps with standardized EV charging bays that work with any ev.

Reactions: skeletor25rs

Maas

OT Supporter
Sep 3, 2003
Usuckistan
For me, buying any new car is a waste of money , putting your cash into a depreciating asset is ridiculous, lease new cars only.

the fact that rivian isnt' leasing for me doens't work, i'm picking up the ford f150 lightning , they're leasing from day 1.

Any car company that isnt' leasing is just saying that they dont have confidence in their future values

all of you tesla boys in here, stating that they're still holding their value, and the leaf's and the bolts, yes they are, AND all of those companies LEASE their cars.

Anyone who buys any new car is a fool.

Lease what depreciates
Buy what appreciates

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022