CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
For me, buying any new car is a waste of money , putting your cash into a depreciating asset is ridiculous, lease new cars only.

the fact that rivian isnt' leasing for me doens't work, i'm picking up the ford f150 lightning , they're leasing from day 1.

Any car company that isnt' leasing is just saying that they dont have confidence in their future values

all of you tesla boys in here, stating that they're still holding their value, and the leaf's and the bolts, yes they are, AND all of those companies LEASE their cars.

Anyone who buys any new car is a fool.

Lease what depreciates
Buy what appreciates
You sound really rich.

• Haha
Reactions: fuqxyu
Dec 31, 2008
For me, buying any new car is a waste of money , putting your cash into a depreciating asset is ridiculous, lease new cars only.

the fact that rivian isnt' leasing for me doens't work, i'm picking up the ford f150 lightning , they're leasing from day 1.

Any car company that isnt' leasing is just saying that they dont have confidence in their future values

all of you tesla boys in here, stating that they're still holding their value, and the leaf's and the bolts, yes they are, AND all of those companies LEASE their cars.

Anyone who buys any new car is a fool.

Lease what depreciates
Buy what appreciates
Ford is already redesigning the lightning for 2025. I suspect they rushed the current design just to make sure they have something to offer while other companies are rolling out better products. They don't want to be left behind.

May 8, 2001
Colorado
Easily my least favorite part of the vehicle. If they were a little less tall I think they'd look fine. They remind me of some sort of bad guy from a Nintendo game :rofl:
Looks like a startled catfish.

31bf6d134e59c618849aa3b380edce37.png

Ry-Ballz

This sucks, change the channel
Jan 10, 2001
Mexico
Stop consuming, drive a used vehicle. Buying a brand new vehicle electric or not isn't helping anything.
What if you need a new vehicle?

On top of that, even assuming production emissions, EVs become beneficial even vs used cars after a couple years.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Ford is already redesigning the lightning for 2025. I suspect they rushed the current design just to make sure they have something to offer while other companies are rolling out better products. They don't want to be left behind.
No that is the end of the cycle for the 14th generation F150. Lines up with the last two gens that ran MY2015-2020, and MY2009-2014. Full size truck market gets a lot of fast cycles to stay current and competitive if your brand name isn't Toyota

I do expect them to make a more dedicated EV truck platform for the Lightning the next gen but who knows.

Dec 31, 2008
No that is the end of the cycle for the 14th generation F150. Lines up with the last two gens that ran MY2015-2020, and MY2009-2014. Full size truck market gets a lot of fast cycles to stay current and competitive if your brand name isn't Toyota

I do expect them to make a more dedicated EV truck platform for the Lightning the next gen but who knows.
They crammed a bunch of EV stuff into a chassis meant for an ICE. Doesn't sound like a winning idea to me.

• Clown
Reactions: whatever

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
Tesla cars are cheaply built with not a high level of standard for fit and finish, Rivian on the other hand has spent 3 years driving their vehicles all over the world trying to break them to make them the best vehicle possible for longevity and fit and finish prior to launch....The big question: did Ford's 1billion investment into Rivian get them access to Rivian's designs and patents, ehr go, the ford lightning is a Rivian underneath....that's a question I'd love to know.
I'd say Ford is just positioning itself for an acquisition if they are successful

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
They crammed a bunch of EV stuff into a chassis meant for an ICE. Doesn't sound like a winning idea to me.
This generation was designed with an EV version in mind and the Lightning has smoothed out body panels to increase aero compared to the ICE F150

Obviously not as ideal as a dedicated skateboard but the ability to parts share with the ICE partsbin means they're able to offer a vehicle well equipped at a starting price at $40k

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Dude I replied to was talking about confidence in a company's vehicle. How much confidence can we have in a vehicle that's being redesigned before it's ever released?

you do understand the cycle of development right? the second its just about released part of the team starts working on the next one. you think they just design a vehicle and then the team gets 4 years off :bowrofl:

Dec 31, 2008
This generation was designed with an EV version in mind and the Lightning has smoothed out body panels to increase aero compared to the ICE F150

Obviously not as ideal as a dedicated skateboard but the ability to parts share with the ICE partsbin means they're able to offer a vehicle well equipped at a starting price at $40k
I can't wait to see this $40k electric truck. Tag me in here when you find one.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
I can't wait to see this $40k electric truck. Tag me in here when you find one.
It's the F150 Lightning Pro

Ford isn't walking back on that after building hype at that price point. $39,974 vinyl seats, 8" screen, 230 mile range

I'm tempted to buy that model with my day one reservation from my dealer doing 3% under invoice but I'll probably option it out more

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
So basically the same thing you are doing? :hsugh: look at how wrong we both are.
I guarantee @Mcgillicutty and a few other boomers ITT have complained about self checkout lanes on nextdoor at least half a dozen times.

...with hot takes including but not limited to "why should I have to do it? I don't work here!" and "if I have to do it myself where's my 25% discount!?"

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
then you will say there isn't enough charging stations

then you will say it takes too long to change

then for 40k is wont go far enough.

you will always have an excuse.
No, no, it’s worse. You’re talking to an excited RIDE shareholder here. Denying the reality of that situation at every turn.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022