CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I guarantee @Mcgillicutty and a few other boomers ITT have complained about self checkout lanes on nextdoor at least half a dozen times.

...with hot takes including but not limited to "why should h have to do it? I don't work here!" and "if I have to do it myself where's my 25% discount!?"

I can;'t believe they dont take checks anymore! i'll just use cash instead. but these idiots can't count change.

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
I guarantee @Mcgillicutty and a few other boomers ITT have complained about self checkout lanes on nextdoor at least half a dozen times.

...with hot takes including but not limited to "why should I have to do it? I don't work here!" and "if I have to do it myself where's my 25% discount!?"

:rofl:

Every time I use one I’m behind a boomer who either hasn’t used a touch screen before or hasn’t used money before. Probably both.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
No that is the end of the cycle for the 14th generation F150. Lines up with the last two gens that ran MY2015-2020, and MY2009-2014. Full size truck market gets a lot of fast cycles to stay current and competitive if your brand name isn't Toyota

I do expect them to make a more dedicated EV truck platform for the Lightning the next gen but who knows.
Yup. This.

They will. They will be using a lot of the same tech rivian us using

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
They crammed a bunch of EV stuff into a chassis meant for an ICE. Doesn't sound like a winning idea to me.
Doesn't sound like you know anything about the F150 tbh
Ford us currently on the 14th gen. Can you name another vehicle that's gone through that many changes?

Last edited:

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
For me, buying any new car is a waste of money , putting your cash into a depreciating asset is ridiculous, lease new cars only.

the fact that rivian isnt' leasing for me doens't work, i'm picking up the ford f150 lightning , they're leasing from day 1.

Any car company that isnt' leasing is just saying that they dont have confidence in their future values

all of you tesla boys in here, stating that they're still holding their value, and the leaf's and the bolts, yes they are, AND all of those companies LEASE their cars.

Anyone who buys any new car is a fool.

Lease what depreciates
Buy what appreciates

sure, if you want payment every month for the rest of your life.

if you keep a car for 4+ years buying it makes financial sense

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Maybe one day if I work hard enough and put my head down and #grind I can take part in these threads about ordering cars all Willy-nilly.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

deadbeef

OT Supporter
Sep 5, 2020
I'll probably put down a deposit on an R1S and then cancel it when it turns out there's no good fast charging between home and the vacation home. :sad2:

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
my issue with electrics has nothing to do with the charging thing like the rest of the boomers, it has to do with the fact that i cant stand that all the controls are on a touchscreen

i want buttons and knobs

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers

...with hot takes including but not limited to "why should I have to do it? I don't work here!" and "if I have to do it myself where's my 25% discount!?"
Never understood the hatred for self checkout. It's faster (unless you're stupid), and less chit chat is involved. You'd think as people get older they'd realize time is their most valuable asset and waste as little as possible.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Eh ... touchscreen is fine but do like a volume knob. Tends to be more precise.
for me having to do anything on the screen while driving is a massive distraction vs the muscle memory of buttons/knobs which can be operated in the dark without even looking at them

also the screen is a source of light that i find annoying

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
for me having to do anything on the screen while driving is a massive distraction vs the muscle memory of buttons/knobs which can be operated in the dark without even looking at them

also the screen is a source of light that i find annoying
Both my cars have steering wheel controls so I can handle the audio that way. Touchscreen in my Accord doesn't work in the bottom corners so I can't get past the lawyer screen anymore. Just use it for the trip computer now.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Both my cars have steering wheel controls so I can handle the audio that way. Touchscreen in my Accord doesn't work in the bottom corners so I can't get past the lawyer screen anymore. Just use it for the trip computer now.
radio controls are only part of it, the ac system is the larger one that sucks on the the screen IMO

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
radio controls are only part of it, the ac system is the larger one that sucks on the the screen IMO
VW EV's have buttons for that shit.

but in reality if you use a smart phone its fine. its really NBD. plus how often are you really changing that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022