CAR Anyone here ordering a Rivian?

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
The usual boomer questions:

How far does it go on a charge? Oh my only 300 miles? I drive 50,000 miles between fill ups and don't stop between them.

How long does it take to charge? Doesn't it take hours to go a hundred miles? well shit 10-15 minutes aint bad. I take longer to piss anymore.

There aren't any charging stations near me. Yes i have electricity at my house. Oh you fill up at home and it doesn't matter if there are stations near my house.

You know it's worse for the environment than a gas car right? Oh they are recycling batteries at 95% already? Still using coal. thats dirty. why bother?

Those charging stations all use a diesel generator anyways. The grid can't handle the demand.

They don't work in the cold and it gets cold here. What do you mean people in canada and norway use them? It's too cold up there for ev's. I know this because I believe it.

I don't like technology things. I need buttons and a manual transmission.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
VW EV's have buttons for that shit.

but in reality if you use a smart phone its fine. its really NBD. plus how often are you really changing that stuff.
all the time

im one of those that dislikes auto climate control

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte

How far does it go on a charge? Oh my only 300 miles? I drive 50,000 miles between fill ups and don't stop between them.

How long does it take to charge? Doesn't it take hours to go a hundred miles? well shit 10-15 minutes aint bad. I take longer to piss anymore.

There aren't any charging stations near me. Yes i have electricity at my house. Oh you fill up at home and it doesn't matter if there are stations near my house.

You know it's worse for the environment than a gas car right? Oh they are recycling batteries at 95% already? Still using coal. thats dirty. why bother?

Those charging stations all use a diesel generator anyways. The grid can't handle the demand.

They don't work in the cold and it gets cold here. What do you mean people in canada and norway use them? It's too cold up there for ev's. I know this because I believe it.

need a referral for a F250?

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
:rofl: weird flex but maybe see a doctor about temp regulation?
nah, auto cant account for the sun beating on a side of your face for 4 hours but the car is where it should be

have to manually adjust to not be annoyed by that shit enough to just not bother with it. it annoys me in every car that has it and im sure ill hate it in whatever new car i end up with

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
nah, auto cant account for the sun beating on a side of your face for 4 hours but the car is where it should be

have to manually adjust to not be annoyed by that shit enough to just not bother with it. it annoys me in every car that has it and im sure ill hate it in whatever new car i end up with

:rofl:

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Cold Brew

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
If the R1S had captains chairs in the 2nd row I'd trade my tesla in yesterday

I can't believe they fucked that up

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
my issue with electrics has nothing to do with the charging thing like the rest of the boomers, it has to do with the fact that i cant stand that all the controls are on a touchscreen

i want buttons and knobs
If you want a knob why don't you look in the mirror :bert:

I also prefer some of the controls to be buttons/knobs, but my wife's Model 3 was easier to acclimate to than I thought :dunno:

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary

Alot more to add to that. Or are these just for boomer type related?

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
radio controls are only part of it, the ac system is the larger one that sucks on the the screen IMO
i'm happy with what volvo did with the infotainment where they put everything on the screen except pause/play and volume knob, and defrost/rear defrost etc. on one small line of buttons

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026