FOOD Anyone make their own hot sauce?

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
I don't put it on everything and I keep several different bottles for variety. So each bottle lasts a while.

thats like me..

i have so many bottles of hot sauce that i usually don't even use it all before it goes past date. and i am constantly buying and trying new ones (actually ordered 2 new ones this morning)

i give some away if i try it once and don't like them.

i buy bulk bottles of ones i DO like and discover work best on certain foods, because let's be real...there is no ONE hot sauce that works on all foods. some just taste better on certain things.

Reactions: Jesus

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
some of the best hot sauces i've found for tacos is the most cheap as shit stuff you can find on shelves.....some so poverty that local stores stopped selling it and i had to special order it through the local grocer (they still carried that name brand, but not the particular item i wanted because it wasn't a popular selling item)

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL

Success! Turned out pretty damn good. Not that it took much effort, but not exactly worth it unless you have an excess of peppers lol. It is nice that you can add any spices you want into it, and control the heat levels and flavors and whatnot. Will definitely make another batch when I've acquired another lb of extra peppers from the garden. I probably already have another half lb sitting in the freezer.

MassiveGas

🤙 Butt Puffs 🤙
OT Supporter
May 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC

Success! Turned out pretty damn good. Not that it took much effort, but not exactly worth it unless you have an excess of peppers lol. It is nice that you can add any spices you want into it, and control the heat levels and flavors and whatnot. Will definitely make another batch when I've acquired another lb of extra peppers from the garden. I probably already have another half lb sitting in the freezer.
Butt chug it

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Nice. Fun experiment. Eff these goofballs who buy Costco size bottles of Cholula like the LOSERS they are.
Next time, I'm gonna simplify the recipe. I just added ingredients to see what stuck, but I shoulda done it the other way around. Again, I only did this because I have a lot of extra peppers.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
No. There's too many good, cheap hot sauces out there to bother making my own.
I’ve prob spent $1k in the last year on hot sauces from Amazon and only found like 5 that I’d order again. Everything is either nowhere near spicy enough and I use the whole bottle in a handful of meals or it melts my face off. Can’t find many happy mediums :hs:

Reactions: Jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971