Anyone on Clubhouse?

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
It’s a new social media app. Essentially it’s like an old AOL chat rooms but uses voice and moderators and has speakers who can invite other speakers on stage.

lots of my friends are on it. Also lots of celebs/influencers etc.

Reactions: Eskimo Yo-Yo
TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
My friends love it. I’m not into it. I brought it up because it seems to be getting huge.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
I’m on there
I avoid all of the how to be a better influencer and get more followers garbage
And all of the networking stuff cuz it’s zzzzz to me
But I like the debates about nuances within Black culture
and some of the music discussions around reggae and Hip Hop

Reactions: Nikuk and djnick
TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
:wtf: hell nope to that
I believe durning the BLM protests Clubhouse got criticized for being very white/homogenized so they specifically opened up their membership and targeted black culture and entertainment as a driving zeitgeist.
It’s got a lot of flavor and can be really entertaining!

May 8, 2001
Colorado
I believe durning the BLM protests Clubhouse got criticized for being very white/homogenized so they specifically opened up their membership and targeted black culture and entertainment as a driving zeitgeist.
Her take on it is funny, assuming that's what that was. But if that is in fact the type of shit posted on there. I have no interest whatsoever.

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006

my understanding, based on how I’ve heard it told on the platform, is that some of the original VC investors were based in Atlanta, and passed around the beta version to a bunch of local (Black) influencers they knew, and it organically grew into a predominantly Black platform from there, because Atlanta is such a cultural hub for Black folks

TS
TS
B-Line

B-Line

*****d[-_-]b*****
OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2009
Los Angeles
my understanding, based on how I’ve heard it told on the platform, is that some of the original VC investors were based in Atlanta, and passed around the beta version to a bunch of local (Black) influencers they knew, and it organically grew into a predominantly Black platform from there, because Atlanta is such a cultural hub for Black folks
That makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman