SRS Anyone on OT ever had a TIA - transient ischemic attack a/k/a mini-stroke?

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
I believe that is the type my MIL had about 2yrs ago. I will need to check with my wife.

She is doing well. Had some walking and cognitive issues for a bit but has made a very good recovery. Made some major changes to her diet and lifestyle.

Heebler Elf

ill suck you
OT Supporter
May 5, 2018
No but the husband of the female that ran a halfway house I was in had a stroke and while he had one of the residents caring for him he ended up having homosexual relations with said resident

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
My older brother had one. Overweight + high blood pressure. He's still overweight, but keeps his blood pressure in check with medication and hasn't had another incident in 15+ years now.

My advice: get your blood pressure in check, exercise, eat right, de-stress, don't smoke (if you do), etc.

My older brother had one. Overweight + high blood pressure. He's still overweight, but keeps his blood pressure in check with medication and hasn't had another incident in 15+ years now.

My advice: get your blood pressure in check, exercise, eat right, de-stress, don't smoke (if you do), etc.
BP is in check, it's WAY WAY down from where it was. I can do everything but the stress comes and goes. Still struggling a lot with what is probably PTSD.

• Sad
Reactions: Jinx

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
BP is in check, it's WAY WAY down from where it was. I can do everything but the stress comes and goes. Still struggling a lot with what is probably PTSD.

I'd lean on exercise to be a crutch for dealing with stress. Push yourself and get those endorphins flowing.

You'll get an immediate and long-term benefit from exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor