Anyone on OT sell their car/truck to a dealership before?

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
I listed my 5th gen 4runner for sale, and i've had tons of dealerships trying to buy it.

The sales guy from the dealer I bought mine at told me that they've only had 2 new ones on the lot since Covid hit.

:dunno:

I feel like if I waste my time going to a dealer they will just nickel and dime me, i'll get pissed and leave.

Maybe I should just keep it sheesh.

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
carvana was buying tacomas for like over msrp because dealers didn't have any.

Not sure if this applies to 4runners too

Reactions: stevezissou

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
carvana/vroom = online first and then they'll swing by to check it out. those guys don't give a fuark and you will likely get whatever their automated process punts out. put excellent condition on all of it

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Carmax. Now is the time to do it while no one can seem to keep cars on their lots. I've done two or three through Carmax. Go in, have a cofee and watch TV. They come back and give you an offer. Take it or leave it.

Reactions: CUCUY and xconverge

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
A dealer bought my brother’s old jeep. He had it listed and they offered him before even seeing it in person. When he took it to them they tried to low ball him and told them to eat a dick. They eventually gave him what he was asking.

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
CarMax. Was satisfied with the offer and the process was painless.

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I'm asking 34200, I paid 34200, i've already had one dealer offer me 34. Its just insane to me :dunno:

We are in different tiers then :rofl:

I had an 04 rav4 (east coast rusted out on the west coast) with almost 200k miles on it. I wanted it gone and they gave me 3.5k (anything over 2k was a win so that I didnt need to find a buyer)

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
I listed my 5th gen 4runner for sale, and i've had tons of dealerships trying to buy it.

The sales guy from the dealer I bought mine at told me that they've only had 2 new ones on the lot since Covid hit.

I feel like if I waste my time going to a dealer they will just nickel and dime me, i'll get pissed and leave.

A friend is selling a super clean , tastefully modified Wrangler Rubicon unlimited. Carvana and a local dealer ship actually made decent offers. I should have told dude to call @NiggaPHX420

93rx7

OT Supporter
Feb 14, 2009
Your base
carmax/carvana/vroom first

but yes ive done that and ive sold to a local dealer, its all pretty painless.

< DEV >

Red Rocket
May 21, 2001
I bought a caddy bro-ham from avis rentals that was less than a year old, and then sold it back to the dealer it was originally purchased from 6 months later.

not my style, but it was pretty pimp (black w/red striping and blood red interior)

hope this helps

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
I bought a caddy bro-ham from avis rentals that was less than a year old, and then sold it back to the dealer it was originally purchased from 6 months later.

not my style, but it was pretty pimp (black w/red striping and blood red interior)

hope this helps
Wtf

Why did a rental company have a Brougham

How long ago was this

• Haha
Reactions: Twinsen

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001

Go sit down with them and ask them what they want their monthly payment to be

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan