Anyone rocking an INDUCTION COOKTOP these days?

lawnboy

Can I get uhhhh
May 5, 2000
Pittsburgh, PA
Lot that we're building on is out in the sticks and doesn't have gas service. I was considering burying a propane tank just for the stove/cooktop/grille but recently learned about induction cooktops. I hear there can be a learning curve to them, but they're otherwise superior to gas and electric in that they heat up significantly quicker. :dunno:

Reactions: Cicada

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Yes, it's awesome. I've always had gas and gas was an option in my new home since I already have service. Decided to give induction a try and love it.

Water boils so much faster. A watched pot never boils my ass.

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
Yeah, have had it for about 9 months now. Boils water super, super fast. Need to boil 2 cups for some ramen? 45 seconds.

We got a Frigidaire 30”. It has 9 “levels” and a power boil, medium is about 6 on the scale so most of the settings are for pretty low heat.

the other complaint is that it’s super slick so your pans slide all over while you cook.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
i don't have much to add as all I have is a standalone single burner induction that's I think 1200W but when I was like 12 I went up to the restaurant in that tall spinny building at Niagara Falls and the waiter heard that I was into cooking so he had the chef give me a tour of the kitchen and they showed me their induction burners back when they were first coming around. Had me put my hand on it after it had just been used to cook something and it didn't burn me, absolutely blew me away. I guess they couldn't get gas lines that far up or something idk, the food was god awful tho

Finest

OG #93
Mar 16, 2000
Wisconsin
Yeah, have had it for about 9 months now. Boils water super, super fast. Need to boil 2 cups for some ramen? 45 seconds.

We got a Frigidaire 30”. It has 9 “levels” and a power boil, medium is about 6 on the scale so most of the settings are for pretty low heat.

the other complaint is that it’s super slick so your pans slide all over while you cook.

They make silicone pads for that now

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
Nothing is superior to gas, let’s just get that out of the way immediately.

My mom has induction, she likes it. It’s a huge step up from those shitty electric coils. It’s fast, doesn’t leave the cooktop hot for 10+ minutes, etc.

Reactions: Jinx

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Does it only work with certain types of pots/pans?

Can I use a Pyrex/glass saucepan? Or does it have to be metal?

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
i don't have much to add as all I have is a standalone single burner induction that's I think 1200W but when I was like 12 I went up to the restaurant in that tall spinny building at Niagara Falls and the waiter heard that I was into cooking so he had the chef give me a tour of the kitchen and they showed me their induction burners back when they were first coming around. Had me put my hand on it after it had just been used to cook something and it didn't burn me, absolutely blew me away. I guess they couldn't get gas lines that far up or something idk, the food was god awful tho
damn, that's crazy bro

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Ordered an induction cooktop for the new house but haven’t got it yet. Interested to see how it works. Watched several reviews and it seems really cool. Heats everything evenly, quickly, etc.

Reactions: lawnboy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448