GAME Anyone still playing Left 4 Dead 2?

Teh Jebus

Aug 22, 2004
Orange County, CA
Dead Air is going to be brought over to the game on Friday and No Mercy was already brought ever, for those of you not aware. :bowdown: They're going to be bringing the rest of the campaigns over too. :run:

Anyway, I still play quite a bit. Pretty much exclusively play versus, looking for more people to fuck around with. And I'm on the PC, none of that console shit for me. Free DLC ftw :mamoru:

Strife

Sep 22, 2006
Irvine, CA
I played it for 15 hours total, didn't even finish all the campaigns. I got burnt out playing L4D1 every night for like 6 months and just bought 2 for the hell of it to support Valve.

TS
TS
Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus

Aug 22, 2004
Orange County, CA
I played it for 15 hours total, didn't even finish all the campaigns. I got burnt out playing L4D1 every night for like 6 months and just bought 2 for the hell of it to support Valve.

That was my plan, but then everyone quit playing Left 4 Dead 1 and Valve pretty much ignores it now, so I'm stuck with L4D2 :hs:

s34s0ns

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2005
Oakland, Ca
I bought l4d2 and played it for about 2 hours. Don't know why I bought it. Didn't like the first one either.

They feel clunky and the gameplay is pretty one dimensional (imo of course).

Tdizzle

Jul 1, 2007
Vegas, son.
I reinstalled a few months back and the amount of available games was seriously lacking. I also think the missions were pretty bland compared to L4D1

TS
TS
Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus

Aug 22, 2004
Orange County, CA
I reinstalled a few months back and the amount of available games was seriously lacking. I also think the missions were pretty bland compared to L4D1

The original game had much better maps. :hs: Part of my issue is nearly all of the campaigns for L4D2 are set during the middle of the day, with a couple of dark maps. Doesn't give the fun "horror movie" feel that the first one did. Can't wait until they bring Blood Harvest and Death Toll over :hsd:

And yeah, available games is still lacking. nobody likes to use the team versus pre made game finder because people are faggots, and people rage out of versus within the first map if things don't go the way they want, as per the usual. And nobody plays realism versus much anymore either. Pretty lame. :/

Clancer

Aug 3, 2005
Seattle
I still play all the time. so much fun when you play with the same people regularly. although I think I still prefer the first one even without the melee weapons and everything

Koltas

May 10, 2007
Florida
I'll still play if someone wants to hit me up on Steam. I stopped playing back when everyone else stopped playing... There were way too many other games to play at the time. :dunno:

TeKKy

Wut
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
In a van down by the river
I'm down for an OT run through of a few of the new campaigns tonight if people are down. it's like 105 degrees in NJ, I'm not leaving the air conditioning.

Steam of course

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
did they fix that camp spot on dead air finale? over by the safety tape away from the planes?

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
I finished all of the campaigns in the first on expert with friends many times over.

With the same group of friends, we've only finished the carnival campaign on expert. Too much special infected raping in the second in my opinion. I'm also not a fan of the melee exhaustion.

I've put hundreds of hours into the series - hope they make 3 soon.

TS
TS
Teh Jebus

Teh Jebus

Aug 22, 2004
Orange County, CA
did they fix that camp spot on dead air finale? over by the safety tape away from the planes?

They did. It's on fire now. However you can just do the same thing on the opposing end of the map. Also the finale has a couple of bugs. If all 4 survivors make it to the fuel pump and start the finale, BAM, 780 points out of the 800 given instantly. So finale is a giant waste right now. Also, if you jump on to the van that's behind the fuel pump and all 4 survivors get on the roof... Common infected stand around confused, and tanks won't spawn for the other time 50% of the time :rofl: People rage about it, but no reason to rage since if it's not a game that's within like 20 points for either time to win, it makes no difference thanks to the 780 insta points problem. :mamoru: Also found a few spots on the maps where spitter acid doesn't register right and does no damage.

henroid

dayum
Mar 15, 2005
LA
They did. It's on fire now. However you can just do the same thing on the opposing end of the map. Also the finale has a couple of bugs. If all 4 survivors make it to the fuel pump and start the finale, BAM, 780 points out of the 800 given instantly. So finale is a giant waste right now. Also, if you jump on to the van that's behind the fuel pump and all 4 survivors get on the roof... Common infected stand around confused, and tanks won't spawn for the other time 50% of the time :rofl: People rage about it, but no reason to rage since if it's not a game that's within like 20 points for either time to win, it makes no difference thanks to the 780 insta points problem. :mamoru: Also found a few spots on the maps where spitter acid doesn't register right and does no damage.

fuck me that sounds horrible :rofl: that was already my least favorite finale and now it has all these other issues

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19