GUN Anyone try this shotgun ammo?

Ghostrider4450

Aug 25, 2005
Out of my mind, brb never.
Is it $49.99 for 10 rnds? Or for a whole case? Im thinking its for the 10 rnds, and I would have to say negative to that pricing over regular buckshot good sir.

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot to take my anti-stupid pills this morning. Its for 50 rounds....so I would say that it doesnt seem like THAT bad of a deal.

1979TA

OT Supporter
Oct 19, 2003
Copperhead Road
That seems pretty sweet.....

went to the range with this stuff and fired at 20 yards at b27 human silhouette targets hit center of mass every time with the buckshot staying in a 8 inch pattern around the .65 cal ball .

THT

The easy way is always mined
Mar 16, 2005
The booby hatch
I tested nine different buckshot loads last weekend. I'll have the numbers up this weekend but the best home-defense load was the Federal LE 9-shot 00buck that Painkiller linked.

TS
TS
LancerV

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Looks pretty decent
8.jpg

THT

The easy way is always mined
Mar 16, 2005
The booby hatch
Don't know about buckshot, but Federal birdshot is junk.
At 15yds, the spread was consistently about 4-5" out of my 18.5" M590A1 as well as out of my girlfriend's stepfather's 20" M590 (three shots out of each). I'll start cranking out numbers this weekend.

TS
TS
LancerV

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Don't know about buckshot, but Federal birdshot is junk.

Whats wrong with there birdshot? Ive never had any issues out of my 870 with there bulk walmart brand. I think yar even said thats what they use at there matches.

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Whats wrong with there birdshot? Ive never had any issues out of my 870 with there bulk walmart brand. I think yar even said thats what they use at there matches.

I've put several hundred Federal birdshot/skeet rounds through my shotgun (along with remmington and winchester) and never had a problem with any of them.

goes bang, breaks stuff, costs less. don't see the problem here.

cantankerously

OT Supporter
Apr 15, 2004
South Carolina

Myself as well as a lot of hunters i know have had various problems with cheaper shells such as Federal - that's why i stick to Fiocchi.

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
I tested nine different buckshot loads last weekend. I'll have the numbers up this weekend but the best home-defense load was the Federal LE 9-shot 00buck that Painkiller linked.

Did you test the Winchester Ranger 00 buck?

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
For 3 gun we like the walmart federal birdshot (for the inexpensive stuff) because it feeds better out of a semi auto. The crimp of the winchester bulk stuff does not feed well out of some peoples shotguns (my shotgun feeds anything). Also the remingtons and winchesters are $2 more a 100 at my walmart.

For buckshot I shoot the winchester rangers just because I get a deal on them from my cop buddies. For slugs I much prefer the winchester rangers because it feels softer and its a forester slug where the wad is attached to the slug. This way I can chronograph the slug to work my balistic calculator without the wad seperating too early and givng me funny double reads.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor