Apart from the legality of an old and outdated document, banning guns is the right moral choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fusion210

Dec 9, 2001
Having slaves used to be a right. All over the world. In religions. In law. But it was morally wrong. Then we fixed it. There was greed, there was fear and we still rose above a practice that existed before the gun.

Rafa86

Perfection exists: Lindsay Cluxton
OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Southwest
The biggest problem of the US homocide rate is among the black community that own illegally guns so banning guns won't probably solve the problem.

djskaw

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
bellevue, WA
I think we need harsher penalties for crimes committed with a gun. even if they don't shoot it. If they shoot somebody. Don't give them life in prison that costs us money. Give them death right away.

Most people that own a gun do not use them for crime. Many use it for hunting for food.

After we ban guns, where do we stop? If someone wants to use a deadly weapon, then can easily get one that isn't a gun.

Reactions: PreemO and Rafa86

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I think we need harsher penalties for crimes committed with a gun. even if they don't shoot it. If they shoot somebody. Don't give them life in prison that costs us money. Give them death right away.

Most people that own a gun do not use them for crime. Many use it for hunting for food.

After we ban guns, where do we stop? If someone wants to use a deadly weapon, then can easily get one that isn't a gun.
change it to if you own a gun, and commit ANY crime than they get death penalty and I agree. Oh, you have a gun and were doing 38 in a 35? electric chair.

TS
TS
fusion210

fusion210

Dec 9, 2001

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. If heart disease is the number one killer and we eradicate that problem, it only makes sense to go further down the line.

Rafa86

Perfection exists: Lindsay Cluxton
OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
Northern Southwest

I fully agree with you. The homocide rate is the highest in states with no death penalty.

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
Im not a gun person but problem with banning guns is that then the government would be the only people with guns. Fuck that.

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
You are an odd bird
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile