Apparently my dad had a stroke and my parents didn't tell me

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Confirm thats the reason. It sounds realistic. Then move on and dont hold a grudge or continue to wonder. Just be glad you have them in your life.
Is his father poolbox ? :eek:

Last edited:

Remy Bressant

40 big girls and a bottle
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
In all fairness my dude your parents are always going to think of you as their child and try to do what they think is best for you. As a grown man myself I see how it could feel insulting or be a blow to the ego that they would do that but really it’s not. They just love you and even in their darkest hour they try to put your first.

Reactions: TankRizzo and Latts

WS6Formula350

2018 updated user text
Jul 5, 2001
Birmingham, AL
In all fairness my dude your parents are always going to think of you as their child and try to do what they think is best for you. As a grown man myself I see how it could feel insulting or be a blow to the ego that they would do that but really it’s not. They just love you and even in their darkest hour they try to put your first.
yeah my parents do this shit all the time now. i understand where they're coming from, but at the same time, there needs to be some modicum of communication. dunno.

DJ Request

Welcome Police!
OT Supporter
Oct 21, 2004
I'm Homeless!
Let it slide. They love you and they probably think they're protecting you.

Also, consider that sharing things like that at your weakest moments take a LOT of balls.

Try to appreciate that its been hard on them not telling you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright Β© 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman