TECH Apple new In-Ear Headphone

CodeX

Ill never understand how people can stand shoving crap into their ear in the name of vanity... just use real headphones they sound better and are more comfortable

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
Ill never understand how people can stand shoving crap into their ear in the name of vanity... just use real headphones they sound better and are more comfortable

because if you plug them into your ears right, you get good sound quality while keeping the volume low and it blocks out outside noise as well

mobbarley

Mar 4, 2005
Sydney

in the name of vanity? get over yourself, faggot.

earphones fit in my pocket like my ipod, great for walking / on the bus.

CyberBullets

I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c
Nov 13, 2001
BC, Canada/Stockholm, Sweden
Earphones are also great for working out. Headphones at the gym FTL.

They are small, discreet, and with sound reduction/cancellation, I don't need to bleed my ears to death to enjoy 'loud' music. As well they hold well in my ears, not falling off or popping out either.

Ignited

Mar 5, 2007
Philly/NJ
I suggest you get earphones from a reputable company that makes good audio gear. Shure, Sennheiser, Ultimate Ears all make decent headphones at the 100$ or less mark.

CodeX

I suggest you get earphones from a reputable company that makes good audio gear. Shure, Sennheiser, Ultimate Ears all make decent headphones at the 100$ or less mark.

Agreed with this. People buying these buy them for the same reason they buy iPods instead of a less expensive personal media player with more features.

Ignited

Mar 5, 2007
Philly/NJ
Agreed with this. People buying these buy them for the same reason they buy iPods instead of a less expensive personal media player with more features.
I just cant fathom why someone would buy crappy earphones when they will perform just as bad as the stock ones they get with their ipods. There are WAY better options out there and you would be amazed at the difference good earphones make when listening to your music. I guess keep this in mind when purchasing.

RE\/

More comfortable than what? Being stabbed?
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
SoCal
Earphones are also great for working out. Headphones at the gym FTL.

They are small, discreet, and with sound reduction/cancellation, I don't need to bleed my ears to death to enjoy 'loud' music. As well they hold well in my ears, not falling off or popping out either.

:werd:

Brought my bose headphone to the gym ones. Soaked them on sweat and ruined the black nylon. Got soggy and shit.:mamoru:

StealthMode

Mar 12, 2003
MN
I can also wear earbuds with a hat on. Comes in handy snowboarding ;) Anyone who wears earbuds for vanity's sake or who thinks so :greddy: There is a purpose :fawk:

dorkultra

OT's resident crohns dude
OT Supporter
Oct 14, 2005
nilbog, trollhio
i have 2 sets of shure e3c earbuds and i just ordered a set of scl4 earbuds

if i had an iphone, i would totally get these:
zBuddiagram.jpg

http://www.zagg.com/audio/zbuds-iphone-earbuds.php

CodeX

Philosophically... What reason would anyone have to pay more for a product that has less features?

The only reason I can think of is it's appearance and/or relative popularity

Using a product out of vanity/popularity over a better product makes you a faggot.

mobbarley

Mar 4, 2005
Sydney
Philosophically... What reason would anyone have to pay more for a product that has less features?

The only reason I can think of is it's appearance and/or relative popularity

Using a product out of vanity/popularity over a better product makes you a faggot.

I think that most people don't know the difference - so they'll get the one that is convenient or looks pretty, or they have not heard of other brands and think that anything sony, apple, whatever must be good. but then again people can be happy with a $15 set for the same reason and not want anything more. Then again the new apple ones might be reasonable, why are you so quick to think that the only reason anyone would want one is because they are fancy and branded apple, and therefore is a faggot?

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'll end up getting the Apple ones to compare. I get a good deal on them, so I'm going to pick them up and try them. I like my Bose In-Ear head phones, but I might try some Audio-Technicas or Shures at some point as well.

How could you judge something you've never tried? If Apple claims to have good quality head phones for $79, then why not try them out? The worst that can happen is that they suck, and you never buy them again.

mobbarley

Mar 4, 2005
Sydney

that looks pretty on par with the price range.

havent you ever seen freq response plots of earphones that are somewhat realistic and not a flat line or single curve like mass market headphones claim?

ue superfi4:
4SNAGIT.gif

ety er6i:
er6i-ra.gif

note that these plots stop at ~16k

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor