TECH Apple Remote Desktop for iPad?

verbal

Mar 10, 2005
What are you guys using for remote desktop (OS X and Windows) on the iPad?

I have this thing about always wanting to use the options built into the OS. So I'd really like something that is compatible with Apple Remote Desktop or Windows Remote Desktop Protocol. I don't want to use a third party app or VNC, but I will if necessary.

3dfx!

Oct 8, 2009
Not cool with having a 3rd party company having access to my computer. Any employee can get into your shit anytime they want.

Not really. I run it on all the Windows computers I end up fixing for my family and friends and whenever they fuck something up, I usually just tap into their system and fix it without having to go to them or them bringing over their computer.

mds2004

Jul 10, 2004
Logmein. I work for an IT company and this is what we use on client's computers to remote in to as well.

TheWeasel

Not really. I run it on all the Windows computers I end up fixing for my family and friends and whenever they fuck something up, I usually just tap into their system and fix it without having to go to them or them bringing over their computer.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that with Logmein, the employees there have access to any computer with it installed. Should some employee choose, they can login to that remote computer the same way you can. Not saying it will happen (but it has) but you can't be too careful when giving some 3rd party full access to your machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor