Are all Apple consumers either stupid, hipsters or girls?

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
I know a handful of smart people who have Apple stuff because they have a general disdain for technology and just want something that's "easy" and are willing to give up the customization/personalization Android offers

Reactions: Cicada

Eric100

Apr 9, 2015
No 120 hz refresh rate even on their flagship 12 Pro Max. No fingerprint sensor. Tiny amount of RAM. Hmmm.

Eric100

Apr 9, 2015
passwords are superior :hsugh:
No doubt

Do you also have tap on your credit card disabled because having to enter your PIN every single time is superior?

If so, hats off to ya

For me, there's value in the convenience a reliable fingerprint scanner provides on a phone you use everyday

Reactions: CRaiNK

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
I've been iPhone since the 3GS. No android phone has ever even slightly tempted me away. I have an Android tablet and an Android head unit in my car, but I wouldn't want to use it for my phone. It's such a mediocre OS experience imho. Sure some features are years behind on iOS, but it's worth waiting because it's often half baked when it first come out. I'd rather be locked into the Apple ecosystem than deal with the fragmentation and lack of privacy of Android.

I'm an App developer and developing for android has been more of a PITA than iOS development. Sure apple has some strict rules but, but the google play console for uploading apps is a huge piece of shit and is missing dozens of features that the App Store site has had for years. There are very few redeeming features of the google play store site from a developer's perspective. Apple's store has it's own issues if you are charging for a service, but for free apps it is a lot better to develop for.

Reactions: Cicada

Eric100

Apr 9, 2015
I've been iPhone since the 3GS. No android phone has ever even slightly tempted me away. I have an Android tablet and an Android head unit in my car, but I wouldn't want to use it for my phone. It's such a mediocre OS experience imho. Sure some features are years behind on iOS, but it's worth waiting because it's often half baked when it first come out. I'd rather be locked into the Apple ecosystem than deal with the fragmentation and lack of privacy of Android.

I'm an App developer and developing for android has been more of a PITA than iOS development. Sure apple has some strict rules but, but the google play console for uploading apps is a huge piece of shit and is missing dozens of features that the App Store site has had for years. There are very few redeeming features of the google play store site from a developer's perspective. Apple's store has it's own issues if you are charging for a service, but for free apps it is a lot better to develop for.

So, you're basically saying that you like being locked into the Apple's ecosystem for no specific reason even though their shit is often years behind and awfully outdated.

Enjoy that 60hz refresh rate in 2021 even on a 12 Pro Max flagship

FDT

no custer shit
OT Supporter
Jan 3, 2006
PNW
So, you're basically saying that you like being locked into the Apple's ecosystem for no specific reason even though their shit is often years behind and awfully outdated.

Enjoy that 60hz refresh rate in 2021 even on a 12 Pro Max flagship
what phone should one buy if not for the iPhone 12 Pro Max

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan